Street Style: Lily Watson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Name: Lily WatsonSpotted: Palladium Dining HallYear: 2016Hometown: San Diego, CA

HC NYU: How would you describe your personal style?LW: I guess it would be kind of be a combination of vintage and thrifting, but would also kind of be like– I don’t even know how to explain it.  Kind of kitschy and tacky I guess. 

HC NYU: And what draws you to this type of style?LW: I just feel like it expresses my personality, I guess. 

HC NYU: Where do you usually like to go thrifting?LW: I’m from San Diego, and we have an awesome store called Flashback, which is a combination of thrift store/vintage store.  It’s really awesome. 

HC NYU: What about Buffalo Exchange?LW: Buffalo Exchange is okay, but it can be kind of expensive.  It can get surprising. 

HC NYU:  So you like clothes with more of a personality and a history?LW: Exactly.  But I also believe in finding hidden gems in basic stores, you know?  Looking really hard for awesome stuff . 

Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.