Style > Fashion

Spring/Summer 21 Fashion Spotlight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

As we enter the warmer months, revamping your closet is a must. This spring, there are numerous fun trends to experiment with and freshen up your look with. With trends ranging from clothes to accessories, there’s something for everyone! 

Knitwear

If you’re not ready to leave your winter wardrobe behind just yet, then knitwear is perfect for you. Whether you want to opt-in for a top, cardigan, or a two-piece set, knitwear is a comfortable yet stylish option.

Cutout tops 

Cut-out tops are a great transition piece into the warmer weather. They’re a wonderful way to create visual interest in any outfit and there are endless cutout options to choose from.  

Midi skirts 

A great option for when you’re wanting some change, midi skirts are super versatile and comfortable. Depending on what style or fabric you choose your skirt, it’s always a good option if you would like to bring in some variety without much hassle. 

Funky prints 

Taking the last two trends into play, another popular trend this spring is a stylish print! So take your tops and skirts to another level with funky prints for a bolder look. It’s also a great way to spice up a rather plain outfit by adding some prints through different articles of clothing or accessories. 

Sheer clothes 

One sheer top can go a long way. There are various ways to style a sheer top to your liking. You can dress it up for a girl’s night out, or go for a more solemn look. It’s also a piece you can wear into the summer, making it a must-have this season. 

Chunky Jewelry  

A must-have for any spring outfit, chunky jewelry has taken over the fashion world. There is a variety to choose from with earrings, necklaces, and more. Currently, chunky rings with bright colors and designs have become a popular choice to make a bold statement. Another option with this trend is a DIY where you can make chunky clay rings at home, making the playful look easier and more fun than ever!

Mariam is a freshman at NYU SPS. With a passion for ice cream, travel, and music, she aspires to write relatable content for the HerCampus NYU community. To chat or ask any questions, you can reach Mariam at mk7583@nyu.edu.