This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Spring break is a week that never seems to arrive but passes by in seconds once it starts. Spend these fleeting moments in the best way possible by choosing the right place for you and your friends. Book your next flight to one of these spring break dream destinations!

1) Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Puerto Vallarta has some of the most beautiful beaches, charming boutiques and salsa-night themed bars. What more could you want? It’s also been ranked #1 in Best Cheap Spring Break Destinations by U.S. News! To capture the essence of the resort town, take a stroll along Los Arcos and El Malecón to enjoy performances by live musicians, chomp on street food and snap the sunset.

2) Jamaica

Jamaica is the third-largest island in the Caribbean, meaning you might want to go a second time after spending your spring break there. The home of Bob Marley, Jamaica has something to offer to tourists, partiers, and adventurers. Ever wanted to climb a waterfall? Try Dunn’s River Falls; although a bit slippery, the Ocho Rios hotspot is the perfect place to take in the breathtaking views and have fun with your friends.

3) Myrtle Beach, SC

The entire city sometimes feels like a giant amusement park, because fun attractions abound. Myrtle Beach boasts the iconic shopping complex, Broadway at the Beach, Ripley’s Aquarium of Myrtle Beach and a number of amusement parks and water parks. If you’re an art lover, you can gallery hop along the coast and even take an art lesson.

4) New Orleans, LA

New Orleans is already a popular destination, but that’s really not surprising. The melting pot of African, French, and American culture, food, people, parades and music are the reasons you need to visit the city more than once. Starting from Bourbon Street to Jackson Square, every corner is painted with history and color. Take a flight to New Orleans if you want to immerse yourself in the culture and do things you’ve never even tried before.

5) Austin, TX

If you’re ever contemplating to go to Texas for spring break, Austin should be on the top of your list. Partying on 6th Street and experiencing live music are staples when in the state capital, but that’s not all you can do. Venture into popular and award winning food trucks you see along the street; try Franklin Barbecue, Ramen Tatsu-ya or gelato from Dolce Neve. But remember, Tex-Mex will always be there for you too.

6) Savannah, GA

Savannah might not be the go-to place for spring breaks, but it’s worthwhile to visit. The city is a nexus between the old and the new, as you can munch on fried chicken at homey Southern restaurants but also catch up on your vacation reads at quirky cafes. The lush Forsyth Park and Telfair Museums, the first public art museums, are must-see places, but hop on a trolley tour if you want to explore more sights and spectacles.

Image Credits: 1/2/3/4/5/6

Fareeha is majoring in Economics and Public Policy at CAS and only has two more years to go at NYU! Originally, she’s from Bangladesh, a country known for its breathtaking natural beauty and torrential monsoon rains. But she spent a few years in the hot, humid climate of Dubai and on the coastal city of Jakarta. On Her Campus, she writes what she's passionate about; everything from crazy politics to pop culture.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.