This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Y’all remember the song Lip Gloss by Lil Mama, a song that everyone was obsessed with during the 2000s? Well with the revival of Y2K trends, the desire for plump shiny lips is back. Now let me introduce to you something that can one up lip gloss and still give your lips that “poppin” effect. 

Roen recently launched their new tinted lip oil balm. With three key ingredients — castor oil, argan oil and sweet almond oil — the main purpose of this product is to nourish your lips. The argan oil helps protect against UV radiation and sun damage, the castor oil contains antioxidants that protects against free radicals, and the sweet almond oil helps improve skin tone and texture, all of which would benefit either sunburned lips or any chapped lips for this upcoming winter. 

The new release comes with three very natural, lip enhancing shades: Alba (a lovely coral), Stella (a sheer natural pink) and Scarlet (a sheer plum). 

Since getting this lip balm, it has been on the train everyday with me from work to working out to kissing my date. Unlike other lip balms, this one has a bit of staying power. Since it is an oil formula, once the balm comes off, your lips are left with a very beautiful stain to them. 

Additionally, with this launch comes Roen’s first skin care product! To penetrate into the skin care market, they started out with a facial oil called the Elixir Restorative Face Oil. It is a lightweight anti-aging oil that boosts your skin’s natural glow and will help promote cell turnover and collagen production. It is 100% plant-based.

If you are wondering if it works on acne prone skin, the answer is yes! I have acne prone skin and I have not felt greasy or have experienced further breakout. The key ingredient in this facial oil is squalene oil, an oil that is known to benefit acne prone skin.

If you are like me and you are on a journey to find the best beauty products that are good for your skin, keep your eyes out for more Roen launches.

Serena is a senior editor for the NYU campus. She is a rising senior studying economics and psychology. Her interests besides writing for Her Campus are keeping up with the latest high fashion trends as well as testing new beauty products. If you have any questions or just want to chat, hit her up on Instagram/TikTok @rens.nyc