The Perfect Valentine’s Day With Your SO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Planning Valentine’s Day for your significant other can be stressful so we decided to do all the grunt work for you. Here are some fun date ideas for one of the types of couple you and your special someone could fit into.

The Classic Daters: Dinner and a Movie, anyone?

This date idea is guaranteed to be perfect for the classic daters’ Valentine’s Day. You share your love 365 days of the year in a million different ways. Give in to this cliche for a relaxed but lovely evening!

Catch up on the Academy Award Nominees with “Hidden Figures” or “La La Land” in the cinema. If you want to try out something more daring, let Anastasia and Christian in “50 Shades Darker” seduce you or head over to the “The Space Between Us” for something sweeter.

Hungry? Nolita’s Pietro is bright pink, inside and out and the yummy Italian food accommodates all types of diets at an affordable rate. If you’d like to stay closer to Washington Square Park for specific reasons, a.k.a moonlight stroll, opt for vegan restaurant, The Red Bamboo instead. It is carnivore approved and their desserts are simply scrumptious.  

The Adventurous, Carrie Bradshaw-esque Daters: Head to Midtown!

There is something so sumptuous about walking around Rockefeller Center, Fifth Ave and gazing over at Central Park. Hold hands and window shop, take photos underneath the rose arch at Rockefeller Center. Channel your inner Carrie Bradshaw and ride around in a horse- drawn carriage. I can’t vouch for the cleanliness of the carriages, but if you focus on your loved one’s eyes, you won’t even notice!

Keep the pressure off V-Day by going off somewhere, exploring and making memories together!

The Netflix Daters : A Netflix Binge

A giant blanket fort, a Macbook, a fluffy teddy bear and a mountain of snacks with your SO already sounds so lush and comfy, doesn’t it? What is Valentine’s Day if not an excuse to cuddle and eat chocolate together?

If you like to laugh, watch “Chewing Gum” or “Santa Clarita Diet.” “Stuck In Love” suits the more ardent lovers, who want to subtly show each other their gratitude.

I know not everyone gives up on their New Year’s fitness resolutions two days in like I do. But stay strong ladies and head over to 14th Street’s Trader Joe’s to grab an assortment of healthy snacks for today! This type of Netflix binge is certified equal passion, equal health.

The Nostalgic Lovers : Go Somewhere You’ve Been Before

Craving a little bit of sentimentality? Visit a place where the both of you have had a good time with one another in the past. This could be the spot where you had your first date or the spot where you realized you loved one another. Those subtle reminders of your honeymoon phase will create a loving mood no matter the location.

Valentine’s Day should be all fun and no worry. You can’t go wrong with a little tap of nostalgic magic.

The Fancy Daters: Time To Get Glitzy

One of the biggest perks about living in NYC is the rich diversity in food. Treat yourselves with a five course dinner in a five star restaurant. How fun is it to get all dressed up and head out to the streets? For a second, you’ll forget that it’s a Tuesday and a school day.

21 Club offers a four course menu of delicious treats, finished off with a heart-shaped cheesecake. But there’s a major downside to restaurants like 21 Cub: meals often starts at $100.

If you have a major need to spoil your sweetie, go for it! However, make sure to Google around so you get your money’s worth!

Image Credits: 

1/2/3/4/5

Zoë is a sophomore at NYU, studying Journalism and Dramatic Literature. When she isn't reading, she's tweeting @zoe1ugh1. 
Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com