The NYU College Experience as told by New Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.
  1. When you’re studying in Stern or Bobst and you actually spot a cute guy.

2. When your professors decided to put the final presentation, essay, and test all on the same day, and your roommate asks how your day was.

3. When your friends tell you they are meeting the promoter at LAVO tonight.

4. It’s freshman year and you go out to a bar for the first time on a school night.  

5. And then the next day you get an embarrassing grade on the midterm you just took and go to your TA like.  

6. When you realize there is really a shallow puddle of straight guys at NYU

7. When it’s the end of the semester and you still have a billion meal swipes (because no human being can use that many meal swipes).

7. And only after you actually try to use all those meal swipes do you realize dining hall food is so bad for you and you need to start eating healthier.

8.  How the surrounding Village community feels about you when the semester begins.

9. And when you think you’ve had enough of NYU’s ridiculousness (i.e. professor assigning you to read a whole book in two days, class registration being a week from hell, having to pay $500 for a 10 page textbook).

10. When you realize it’s a totally unique experience living in the greatest city in the world, so it’s best you  just own it because after all–college is only four years!

Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com