Style

November’s Can’t Miss Sample Sales

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Sample Sale season is in full swing here in New York City. They are perfect to get some great pieces for much cheaper than retail and also an excuse to get started on your holiday shopping early (or that’s what I tell myself, but strangely I never walk out with any gifts for others whoops, can anyone else relate?). November is also my birthday month so I have absolutely no regrets heading to these sample sales (still cheaper than retail).  Make sure to download Shopdrop to get your daily dose of sample sales. This month has some really great ones that you don’t want to miss! 

Proenza Schouler  is one of the most important sample sales this month. Held at 260 sample sale, this sale will have your wallet empty, but your purse closet full (not sure which is better, a full purse closet or a full wallet). This sale is great if you are eyeing a Proenza Schouler bag or shoes or anything really, this is your chance to get one at a decent price. I would recommend this sale if you are in need of some statement pieces and accessories to mix into your current wardrobe. Be prepared to spend if you go; though this is a sample sale, it is still expensive. Try going on one of the last days, 260 sample sale tends to discount the last couple of days so go then for the best discounts!

Rebecca Taylor is a sample sale that I will be hitting up, even though they literally just had a sample sale at 260 over a month ago. This one is at their showroom, which means steeper discounts! At the last sale, nothing was over $225 and that was for leather pieces, which were the most expensive items there. Showroom sample sales are always better than 260 sample sales in terms of prices since they are usually much more discounted. If you love this brand, hit this sale up. You won’t regret it and your wallet will thank you a little extra.

Are you in desperate need of some showstopper gowns? Is formal coming up sooner than you realized or maybe you want to be prepared for Violet Ball? The Marchesa Sample Sale has got you covered! This sample sale is definitely a fun one to go to and you never know when you will need a nice long gown! Prices start at 75% off retail though they will still be emptying your wallet! Go ahead and treat yourself with this sale and feel like a red carpet celeb knowing that there is a Marchesa gown in your closet (and get some Beyonce worthy photos). 

Images courtesy of author.

I am an MCC major with a focus in fashion. I love to shop, especially for designer bags, and you can always catch me at the next sample sale! I love writing about sample sales and which one I am headed to next.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.