Studs storefront
Studs storefront
Studs Press Kit
Style

My Favorite Affordable Jewelry Brands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

This time last year, I wrote about my experience getting my ears pierced at Studs in New York City. I was so excited to venture out with my “earscape,” and try out all the different earring combinations as I had moved from two piercings to six. Since then, I have changed my ears up quite a bit – shopping from jewlers all over the internet. While some are more expensive than others, I have managed to compile a list of my top five favorite jewelry brands that have contributed to the masterpiece that I call my earring collection.

Studs

Studs is 100% the best jewelry shop to buy from if you are just starting out the expansion of your earring collection. They have hundreds of stylish and affordable pieces that will totally spice up your look. Additionally, they offer ear piercings and have a wide range of first earrings to choose from. My favorite is the little playboy bunny that I got when I pierced my seconds. I highly recommend visiting the Studs location if you are in the NYC area. The studs website has a lot of great picks as well.

Mejuri

Mejuri is a more expensive option for jewelry but for good reason. The pieces are very beautiful and are certain to last for a while without tarnishing because they are made from finer metals. I just added a merjuri hoop to my collection and on it is a beautiful blue gem. The piece has not tarnished or fallen off and adds a great touch to my collection.

Shop Sweet Peeps

It wasn’t until this Christmas that I discovered Shop Sweet Peeps after my boyfriend bought me a pair of their Megan Princess Heart Studs. When I opened up the box I was immediately obsessed. I really like this website because not only are their pieces affordable but they also have a lot of really unique items that I have not found anywhere else. 

Vivamacity

Vivamacity is a brand that is totally killing it when it comes to affordable statement jewelry. Everytime I scroll through the page I see so many pieces that I need to have. I would classify the price range of Vivamacity as a little expensive, but there are still plenty of options that would not break the bank. What I love most about Vivamacity is the range of their gold earrings and necklaces. I am a big gold jewlery girl so it is so nice to see so many pieces that I would fit perfectly into my collection. 

Gorjana

If you are a fan of daintier jewelry then Gorjana is definitely the place you want to be shopping. Their necklaces, bracelets, and earrings are definitely more on the thinner side and add elegance to any outfit. I am a big fan of their gold bracelets and hope to one day have an entire jewelry box dedicated to them. Gorjana leans towards the expensive side, but their pieces are very sturdy and should last a lifetime if correctly taken care of.

While I am only a year into my earring journey, I feel as though I have scouted some solid brands that carry some beautiful pieces at relatively affordable prices. I hope that after looking at all the brands I have shared with you, you find yourself searching for a new ring to add to your own collection.

Hi my name is Cosette Terriquez. I am originally from Orange County, California and am now studying at New York University majoring in journalism. I am very passionate about beauty, fashion, and health and love to share my own tips and tricks. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my dog, trying out new makeup looks, and even posting on my own blog (cosetteterriquez.com). In the future I hope to have my own cosmetics line and inspire other men and women to express their true selves through the art of makeup. I am excited to write for Her Campus so that I can teach and share everything I know when it comes to these things I am passionate about.
Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief @ HerCampus NYU For comments, suggestions and queries, contact at zh1402@nyu.edu