The Most Embarrassing Dating Stories EVER

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Because we all deserve a laugh now and again. Everyone in their lifetime will do something embarrassing or witness someone else do something mortifying while on a date. It’s bound to happen so embrace it…instead of stressing, why not laugh about it?This one is for the girls and guys who have accidentally farted during dinner, smiled with spinach stuck in their teeth or walked around with toilet paper on their shoe. 

Here are five of the best embarrassing dating stories from your fellow coeds. Don’t worry, I didn’t use names. 

1. Mucus Mood-Killer  “This year I went out on a date with a guy who lived on my floor. He picked me up and we walked together to a really fancy restaurant. The date was going great, nothing was awkward and it all seemed perfect. Then the food came. We started to eat when all the sudden out of nowhere he let out a huge, loud sneeze. Not only did he have boogers hanging on his face for the remainder of the night but his snot got all over my food. He knew it and apologized profusely. I politely smiled, boxed my food, and got a $1 slice of pizza after he dropped me off.”
  2. Sushi Sickness  “I started dating this guy a year ago who I met through mutual friends. We had gotten coffee a few times before but finally ended up going out to dinner one Saturday night. I always get nervous during dates and worry about ordering too much to eat, so I decided that afternoon to grab some sushi from a dining hall. I was feeling great, until right before he picked me up from my dorm. My stomach was not agreeing with my spicy tuna roll. We walked to a cute little Italian restaurant and sat down. When we ordered drinks I felt super queasy and nauseous. When my spaghetti came, I took one look at it and ran to the bathroom and puked my guts out. The poor guy had to practically carry me home as I stopped at every corner to hurl in a garbage can. Never eating dining hall sushi ever EVER again.” 
  3. FlabberGASted “I had been dating my boyfriend for a week, so things were very new. He decided to surprise me one night with roses and dinner at a great Mediterranean restaurant. I ordered a gyro, which was probably, in retrospect, a huge mistake. While the gyro was delicious, I did not foresee that I would be bloated and secretly trying to sneak farts all night. At first, I kept it under control. But then he said something hilarious and I burst into laughter AND ripped a huge fart at the same time. I was shocked and so was he. He wasn’t the only one who noticed–the couple next to us stared at me like I was a wildebeest from the zoo. We are still dating to this day but now I keep a little roll of Tums in my purse…and refrain from eating onions.”
  4.  Burp Bust “If there’s one thing a girl learns from high school it’s that “watching a movie” is code for “let’s go somewhere to make out.” This guy who I had just started dating was super hot and I loved making out with him. One day we were in his room “watching a movie.” Things were getting really hot until in the middle of swapping tongues he decided to burp into my mouth. I literally stopped immediately and started coughing. It was absolutely disgusting. The worst part? He laughed and didn’t even apologize. Needless to say we are no longer “watching movies” together. 
  5. Wrong Team “I have had a crush on this guy for the longest time. I finally got the courage to ask him out and we went out and had so much fun. I couldn’t believe we had so much in common! It really felt like we were connecting. Every time I tried to make a move though, it didn’t seem to work for some reason and I couldn’t figure out why. I finally worked up the courage to kiss him. After the kiss he said, “Wait you know I’m gay right?” I. was. instantly. mortified. He thought we were just going as friends to hang out…why are all gay guys in NYC so hot!? It’s just not fair.”   

^ Word. Fun fact: One of these dating stories is taken from my own personal experiences. Can you guess which one? 

Image Credit: Flickr

Want more from Kayla? Follow her on Twitter @ksk316

Kayla is an NYU senior majoring in journalism and history. She joined the Her Campus NYU (HCNYU) team in 2013 as a study abroad blogger and is now the site's Love and Relationships Editor. Along with being an editor for HCNYU, Kayla is a web editorial intern for Redbook magazine. She has contributed to and interned in the past with Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, Square Meal, Washington Square News, and Sumo Skinny. When Kayla isn't writing for HCNYU, she is working on her blog or drooling over her wall of Harry Styles pictures. Follow Kayla on Twitter: @ksk316 Read Kayla's blog: http://lovewriteeat.blogspot.com/
We're the Her Campus NYU Contributor Account!