This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Happy December! Right now we’re all hurtling towards finals week while slowly coming to the realization that yes, winter is truly coming for us. If you need new podcast suggestions to keep your mind off the cold we’ve got you covered. We’ve taken a deep dive into the world of TV show recap podcasts, and we’re here to give you the best of the best! This month’s list of podcasts is the perfect guide to help you find or rediscover the iconic female-led television shows that we can’t get enough of.

Buffering The Vampire Slayer

Image Courtesy of BTVS

Yes, we know that October was a while ago, but Buffy The Vampire Slayer is a show that transcends Halloween. Buffering The Vampire Slayer is a bi-weekly podcast that discusses the iconic show we all know and love, one episode at a time. Each episode, hosts and Buffy aficionados Jenny Owen Youngs and Kristin Russo take listeners through an in-depth recap of each episode of Buffy, throwing in lots of humor and heart, and even include a musical recap of the episode at the end!  If you love Buffy like we do, you’ll love this podcast. 

Charmed: A Spellcast 

Image Courtesy of iTunes

If you’re a fan of fewer fangs and more spells, Charmed is the perfect show for you. Charmed: A Spellcast takes a deep dive into the world of the original Charmed show. Hosts Shayna Maci Warner and Bryce Wong take listeners through each episode of the show in a way that is so approachable and detailed that even if you’ve never heard of Charmed, you could enjoy this podcast. What’s even cooler, is at the end of the episode the hosts provide a sweetly satisfying song or spoken word piece to recap the episode! 

Xena Warrior Podcast 

Image Courtesy of PlayerFM

Xena: Warrior Princess was a groundbreaking TV show when it aired and continues to have a powerful influence over the future of female heroism on television. Xena: Warrior Podcast helps listeners both understand and appreciate the impact that Xena has had on the entertainment industry, and that’s why we love it so much. Each episode, hosts Vera, Livy, and Katie take listeners through a recap of two Xena episodes, analyzing each one with finesse while also keeping their analysis humorous and fun. XWP Fans will love this podcast! 

Veronica Mars Investigations 

Image Courtesy of iTunes

If you’re less interested in the supernatural or the epic and noir mystery is more your feel, definitely check out Veronica Mars. Over the summer the show made a resurgence into the cultural zeitgeist with a revival on Hulu, which makes this the perfect time to start watching. The podcast Veronica Mars Investigations takes listeners through each episode of the show, giving a nuanced look into the complex characters that make the show so great. Hosts Helen Zaltzman and Jenny Owen Youngs provide irresistible humor and heart. 

Waystation: A Lost Girl Fancast  

Image Courtesy of iTunes

Lost Girl is the most recent of the shows on this recommendation list but is still renown for its complex and unique storytelling and compelling cast of characters. Waystation: A Lost Girl Fancast is the perfect podcast companion whether you’re rewatching the show or starting it fresh. Hosts Amanda McLoughlin, Julia Schifini, and Eric Schneider guide listeners through the maze of Fae madness, friendship, romance, and supernatural hijinks that makes Lost Girl so great, and do so with delightful wit and flair. If you’re a Lost Girl fan, this podcast is for you!

Sangita is a senior at New York University and an HCNYU Campus Correspondent. She is absolutely obsessed with TV shows and movies and is also a comedy lover and avid comic book reader and collector (her current comic-book crush is Jessica Jones). Most of all, Sangita is a fangirl who is passionate about representation in all forms of media. In her spare time, Sangita likes to explore New York City, binge-watch political satire, and write sketch comedy.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.