Kick off NYFW with Fashion’s Night Out

Now back for its fourth year, Fashion’s Night Out Has taken New York and the world by storm. Fashionistas from all over are gearing up for the shopping event of the year and will take to the streets on Thursday night from six to eleven.

Fashion’s Night Out is an experience like no other. Stores across the city will stay open late and throw lavish parities and events open to the public in celebration of the start of New York Fashion Week.

In its founding year of 2009, American Vogue, the CFDA, NYC & Company, and the City of New York all teamed up to create an event that would not only celebrate fashion but also boost the economy and buyer’s confidence after the recession. Since then, the even has gone global and over 500 cities and 19 countries will be participating in the festivities this year. In New York alone there are 880 events buyers can attend.

This event allows people to feel the glitz and glamour of Fashion Week without an exclusive invite. Each store throws unique events like champagne parties, makeovers, meet and greats, and allows party-goers to rub elbows with some of the most influential people in the fashion industry.

The official 2012 Fashion’s Night Out PSA promises a star-studded event. Many celebrities like Usher, Justin Bieber, model Liya Kebede, Marc Jacobs, and Michael Kors all came out to advertise the event wearing the official merchandise available for purchase on the website. The proceeds from the collection will be going towards the New York City AIDS Fund. Even the Empire State Building will be partaking in the event and cause by lighting up in red for the night.

The full list of stores participating, as well as a description of their event, is on the official website here. Since the publication of this list last month, some events are already generating big buzz.

At her Washington Street store, Diane von Furstenberg is throwing the party of the night with Solange Knowels as DJ.

The Henri Bendel store will turn the concrete jungle into a circus with a performance from Cirque Du Soleil.

You can even go to Michael Kors’ Madison Ave store to sing karaoke with him.

Fashion’s Night Out will surely be a night to remember so gather up your girl friends and hit the streets for the ultimate night out!