How to Spice Up Your Coffee This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Coffee has worked its way into becoming a staple for college students, who grab a latte or cappuccino on the way to their long, four-hour lectures. With autumn in full swing, it’s time to spice up your morning cup of joe with these fall-inspired, crave-worthy flavors that will leave you both satisfied and caffeinated.

1. The Golden Latte

This ayurveda-inspired coffee drink will not only leave you feeling energetic, but will also act as an immune booster for your overall system. The best way to make this latte is to blend ginger, cinnamon, honey, coconut oil, and turmeric powder with coffee and unsweetened almond milk.

1. Salted Caramel Pumpkin Latte

Pumpkin Spice Lattes got an upgrade with this season’s add on of salted caramel. The sweetness of both the caramel and the pumpkin blend beautifully together to create a coffee that will immerse you into the fall season within your first few sips.

1. Cardamom Coconut Cold Brew

Your staple coconut cold brew from Trader Joes has also faced an upgrade — with an additional kick of cardamom, the perfect fall spice! The cardamom adds not only a herbal flavor but also a slight citrus aftertaste, leaving you refreshed and ready for the day! You can also check out this recipe to make your own at home in ten minutes or less!  

1. Horchata Coffee

The infamous Mexican Horchata drink of rice milk, vanilla, and cinnamon flavors blends perfectly with coffee to create a wonderfully sweet drink to start your day! For added health benefits, leave the cinnamon stick in for longer after brewing!

1. Maple Latte

Maple is another obvious fall flavor, but when in latte form, it creates a whole new taste that we would have never craved before. This coffee in particular tastes best when mixed with oat milk! If you’re not in the mood to make one yourself, Saltwater Coffee in the East Village serves the most amazing maple lattes.

Image Sources: 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.