This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The days are getting longer, temperatures are rising, and, at last, spring is finally here! Soon our weekend plans will be filled with picnics in the park and preparing for summer, but spring also ushers in a time of relaxation and self-care. Just as the flowers bloom outside, we must take a step back from our hectic lives to give ourselves time to rejuvenate and bloom as well. This makes spring the perfect time to enjoy the awesome movies hitting theaters this season. Not sure where to begin? Here’s a comprehensive list of the hottest new movies to catch before the season ends!

1. Love, Simon (In Theaters March 16)

A movie that has already touched the hearts of so many viewers, Love, Simon tells the tale of Simon as he navigates his identity and deals with coming out to his friends and family. With a You’ve Got Mail-esque romantic storyline of falling in love with a stranger online, Love, Simon, with its 2000s teen rom-com touch, is definitely on our must-watch list.

2. Isle of Dogs (March 23)

Wes Anderson’s highly anticipated return to stop-motion has already snagged him a few awards. A seemingly normal yet endearing tale about a boy who is looking for his lost pup, this movie is brimming with a star cast — Bryan Cranston, Tilda Swinton, Edward Norton, Greta Gerwig…you get the point. Are you going to bite?

3. Ready Player One (March 29)

Steven Spielberg is back! With yet another one of his charming worlds, of course. Ready Player One is an ode to many iconic Hollywood movies — King Kong, Star Wars, Star Trek, Indiana Jones — and viewers are in for one world-dominating, rebellious ride. Relevant to today’s idea of an apocalyptic dystopia, this movie is certainly one for VR fans.

4. A Quiet Place (April 6)

Emily Blunt and John Krasinski are finally on screen together. With raving reviews from countless critics, this might just be the horror movie 2018 has been waiting for. The hook of the movie is the creatures — they’re blind, hungry, and navigate only via sound. Similar Black Mirror’s episode titled “Metalhead,” this film should be on your watch-list regardless of whether you’re a horror buff or not.

5. Roxanne Roxanne (March 23)

One of Vulture’s Sundance breakout stars, Chanté Adams’ performance as Roxanne Shanté, a rare female MC who rose to popularity in the early 1980s when she was just 14 years old, is impeccable to say the least. Going toe-to-toe with Mahershala Ali and Nia Long, this film follows the struggles of Adams’ character to perfectly portray the asymmetrical way life creeps up on us. An absolutely stunning performance.

6. Avengers: Infinity War (April 27)

Anticipated to be the most ambitious crossover ever attempted (queue: Twitter memes), the Avengers universe is, at last, seeing all of its beloved superheroes in one place and one battle. Following the success of Black Panther, this movie is forecasted to beat all of Marvel’s sales records. We expect the lines to be long, so make sure to pre-book!

We hope this guide inspires you to head to the cinema this weekend and get lost in the stories of some of spring’s best movies.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

My name is Catalina Gonella, I’m one of the Campus Correspondents at Her Campus NYU, and a junior studying Journalism & Media, Culture and Communications. I'm originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but I moved to South Florida when I was seven to a little suburby city by the name of Coconut Creek. A few other things you should know about me: I'm obsessed with food (current favorite: Ramen), I believe my calling is to try every single coffee shop in New York, I don't know how I expressed myself before Pusheen the Cat and Gifs, and I love when people tag me in Facebook dog videos.