Happening Soon: NYU FBA Fashion Business Conference 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Commonly known for its iconic annual fashion shows, The NYU Fashion Business Association (FBA) is virtually hosting a 4-day Fashion Business Conference over Zoom. The conference entails a series of interactive panels and workshops that cover various topics from the future of e-commerce to the intersection of fashion and technology, diversity and inclusion in fashion, and how to launch your fashion career with advice from reputable entrepreneurs and professionals. 

The Future of E-Commerce is the opening event of the conference. The event’s focal point will circle around the prominence of the e-commerce industry and its impact on the fashion industry. Another talking point will surround how e-commerce will shape the way we shop online and other technologies that will advance the e-commerce domain. The Future of E-commerce panel will include Josh Luber, the founder of StockX, and the Co-Founder and Chief Brand Officer of Moda Operandi, Lauren Santo Domingo. The event takes place on Monday, May 3rd, from 7:00-8:00 PM EST.

LINK TO REGISTER

The second event is a panel titled Disruptive Tech in Fashion. Due to the pandemic, there has been a significant dependence on online shopping. Many retailers use technology to pay attention to consumer trends and behavior such as Instagram, Amazon Fashion, and international platforms like WeChat. The panel aims to answer the question of what the future will look like for retail tech. The speaker will be Cece Lee Arnold, CEO of Trendalytics. This event will occur on Tuesday, May 4th, from 7:00-8:00 PM EST.

LINK TO REGISTER

The Launching Your Career in Fashion is the penultimate event of the conference. This event is a workshop that covers the different responsibilities and skills required in the fashion industry. This workshop is perfect for you if you’re interested in working in the fashion industry but you’re not quite sure where to get started or what opportunities you can pursue. The founder of FreeFashionInternships, Carla Isabel Carstens, will introduce you to the different ways to get internships, jobs, and skills necessary to succeed in the fashion industry. The workshop takes place on Wednesday, May 5th, from 7:00-8:00 PM EST. 

LINK TO REGISTER

The final event is a panel discussion on the subject of Diversity and Inclusion in Fashion. The panel acknowledges movements like BLM and Stop Asian Hate and the various problems regarding difficulties and prejudices faced by minorities across the nation. It also discusses how it is critical for fashion brands and designers to promote solidarity and inclusion amid these trying times. The conclusion to this conference falls on Thursday, May 6th, from 7:00-8:00 PM EST.

LINK TO REGISTER

There is a spectacular lineup for FBA’s fashion conference that you don’t want to miss. With its prominent speakers and thought-provoking panel discussions, what’s not to look forward to? Immerse yourself in the endless progression and possibilities in the fashion industry and learn how you can become involved. Make sure to register with the links provided and check out the upcoming events.

Currently a Junior at New York University studying English literature and Creative Writing. Loves a good book, cheap fitness classes, and a lava cake here and there.
Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief @ HerCampus NYU For comments, suggestions and queries, contact at zh1402@nyu.edu