Halloween Costumes for Couples: Will you be the trick to my treat?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

What to wear? With Halloween just around the corner, this everyday question for us collegiettes takes on a whole new level. For collegiettes with a significant other looking to go for something different this year, why not try matching in a Halloween couple ensemble? You’ll be sure to stand out in the crowd, get a couple of awwhs from admirers, and have memorable pictures together—all the elements of a perfect, playful Halloween evening with your special guy. Check out Her Campus NYU’s favorite picks for Halloween couple costumes:

1. Superhero Couples

You can never go wrong with every year’s Marvel Comic raves or your boyfriend’s most memorable childhood superhero.

Spiderman and Gwen Stacy
Take inspiration from this summer’s blockbuster, The Amazing Spider-Man, and be one of NYC’s most famous couples for a night – Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker. To pull off Gwen Stacy’s prep school-girl attire, wear a cotton vest over a white t-shirt and brown pencil skirt with brown, knee-high boots to match. A white lab coat on top of it all will be sure to finish the look. You can even go as far as to match her typical hair style with a slightly tousled ponytail and front bangs.

Superman and Lois Lane
If your favorite superhero happens to be Superman, his leading lady, Lois Lane, is also a practical option. Simply wear a fitted white button-down under a blazer along with a grey business skirt. Black heels will easily fit the professional appearance as well as a press pass to distinguish Lois Lane’s journalist occupation.

2. TV Show Couples

Although a simple yet modern take, try being one of television’s cutest couples for the night. Famous duos from NBC’s hit shows, The Office and Glee, will definitely catch the humor of fanatics on the streets of New York City.

Jim and Pam
To sport Jim and Pam’s worn down office outfits, you won’t have to look too far. Cost-friendly, yet adorable and clever, just grab an old pair of slacks, a striped button-down polo, and a grey cardigan. A small home-made name tag with Pam’s name will also add the perfect shabby touch. To match, Jim’s outfit simply consists of an oversized tie and dress shirt with khakis.

Rachel and Finn
If you’re seeking a tidier and more youthful get-up, say no more. Lea Michele’s high school character as Rachel Berry on Glee will definitely set you apart from other typical Halloween costumes for couples. Without a doubt, “gleeks” around the city will recognize Rachel’s signature white blouse and lemon sweater. A plaid skirt for the bottom half of the outfit completes the costume. Her leading partner, Finn Hudson, commonly sports a red football jersey and jeans – an outfit I’m sure your man wouldn’t mind.

3. Disney Cartoon Couples

What’s Halloween without spotting your favorite Disney cartoons and princesses? Easy to coordinate and making for a playful Halloween evening, Disney characters are always a traditional yet fun approach to the festivity.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Keep it old school with Disney’s most famous mice – Mickey and Minnie. The costume can vary, spanning from a retro look to a more conventional interpretation of the famous couple. If you decide to wear the more modern version, all you’ll need are black leggings, a bright red mini skirt, and black long sleeves. The more traditional Minnie Mouse look may consist of a red dress with white polka dots and yellow shoes. No matter what image you prefer, no Minnie Mouse outfit is complete without a pair of black mouse ears to match.

Aladdin and Jasmine
Spice things up with matching costumes of Egyptian prince and princess – Aladdin and Jasmine. These Disney characters’ outfits are typically identical to the cartoons found in the original movies. However, it is still possible to recreate their appearances without taking a trip to the costume store. To pull off Princess Jasmine’s look, be sure to purchase mint harem pants with a matching flowing top that shows off your mid-drift. Her counterpart, Aladdin, sports a similar look with white harem pants and a purple vest.

Photo Sources:
Superman and Lois Lane
Spiderman and Gwen Stacy
Jim and Pam
Rachel and Finn
Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Aladdin and Jasmine

Avianne Tan is a senior at New York University studying journalism and English. As a social justice advocate, feminist and mental health advocate, Avianne aspires to use journalism as a platform to raise awareness and incite positive change. Currently, she is an interactive news intern for WABC-TV NY Channel 7 Eyewitness News at 7online.com. Being a news junkie, she also writes for The News Blog here on Her Campus. When she's not reading or writing news, Avianne loves taking spontaneous adventures, eating new food and relaxing with her pets. Catch Avianne Flu by following her on Twitter and Instagram! To learn more about Avianne, please visit her website at www.aviannetan.wix.com/atan.