The Cutest Boots For Fall – For Any Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It is officially fall!  The thermometers are consistantly dropping and that can only mean a few things: pumpkin spice lattes, changing leaves in Washington Square Park, the Village Halloween parade, and boots!  That’s right, collegiettes, time to break out your cutest fall boots.  Here are a few staples that every collegiette needs in her wardrobe, from the wedged to the military to the rain to the classic – here are our top picks to keep you fashionable, warm, and comfortable this fall.

Step out in style with these moccasin-styled booties from Lord and Taylor. These are perfect for city life with the three-inch heel so you’ll be comfortable and fabulous walking the streets of the concrete jungle. The booties can easily transition from day to night by pairing them with jeans for class during the day and then styling them up with a skirt and tights for those crisp autumn nights. The Pilar Wedge Boots are also available in taupe and cognac suede.

$89.99
Lord & Taylor

The Minka boots from JustFab.com are perfect for giving your outfit a bit of country flare. These classic mid-calf boots will be become your go-to shoes during the fall. They are easy to throw on when you’re running out of the door to get to class because they will complement any outfit. Be comfy and cute by wearing these with skinny jeans, an oversized cardigan and a scarf for those long study sessions at Bobst. These boots are also available in black.

$39.95
JustFab.com

These Faux Shearling Hiking Boots from Forever 21 are perfect for the stylish girl on the go. The suede and shearling complement each other perfectly for a warm, cozy feel but the red laces and modern style take this from a “hiking boot” to a great fashion piece. These boots will definitely be the centerpiece of a great outfit since they have a personality of their own.

$34.80
Forever 21

Do you like versatility? Then the Zorrba boot by Madden Girl is the fall boot for you. This boot gives you two different options on how to wear them and both are sure to make a statement. Fold them down to reveal a fun and colorful pattern sure to add extra style to any outfit. Or for a more classic combat boot style, wear them laced all the way up for a bold but chic look. These are perfect for days exploring the village with your friends and are sure to keep your feet comfortable and you looking stylish.

$59.95
DSW

Forget your old boring rain boots and show off your girly and fun personality with these cute rain boots from H&M! Don’t let gloomy, rainy days dampen your sprit or style. Throw these on to give your outfit an instant touch of color and personality. You could even wear fun socks peeping over the top of these mid-calf boots to make them uniquely your style.

$29.95
H&M

Take your outfit from ordinary to high fashion with these Gratienne leather boots from Aldo. These knee high boots are for a city girl not afraid to step out and make a statement. They are great boots to make a bold, strong outfit and are easy to pair with anything in your fall wardrobe. For the ultimate sleek outfit pair these with an all black outfit of leggings, a warm long sleeve, a leather jacket, and a bright graphic scarf. These boots are also available in cognac and taupe. (Don’t forget to ask Aldo about their student discount!)

$120
Aldo Shoes

For those of you who love to roam the city in your heels like the great Carrie Bradshaw, the Keisa Heeled Ankle Boots from Target are the fall boots for you. These take classic style boots and raise them to new heights. Pair these with any outfit for a chic style perfect for those coffee shop study dates with that cute guy in your class. These great booties are also available in black.

$34.99
Target

Finally, no fall wardrobe is complete without this classic styled boot. The Nice Shot Tall Boots from Macy’s will be a key piece in your outfits for fall. They are completely versatile and can be dressed up or down for any occasion. Wear these to class during the day and then out for a fun night with your girls. When in doubt, these boots will always come to your rescue and work with any outfit. These boots are also available in cognac.

$69.00
Macy’s

Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.