In Case You Missed It: Everything You Need to Know About Kylie Jenner’s Recent Pregnancy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The Kardashian-Jenner clan has always been at the center of attention across media outlets. This past month, the Kardashian-Jenner craze spiraled to a new height specifically because three of the five sisters announced new additions to their family : Khloe, Kim and Kylie.

However, the one that took the public by surprise was Stormi Webster’s birth on Feb. 1. The child of Kylie Jenner, age 20, and Travis Scott, age 25, Stormi broke the internet when her birth was revealed due to Kylie’s lack of social media engagement over the past nine months. Kylie usually stays active on her Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter daily but suddenly knocked down her activity during pregnancy, sparking confusion for those following her on this season’s Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

The social media and beauty queen repeatedly announced that she preferred to keep her pregnancy a private affair. This makes perfect sense with why her social media posts consisted solely of images from past photoshoots or her company’s lip kit promotions. None of these  images gave up Kylie’s secret. They either showed her dressed in oversized clothing or hiding her body behind her sisters to mask the baby bump.

“My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world. I knew for myself I needed to prepare for this role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress free, and healthy way I knew how,” Jenner said on Instagram.

Fans  broke out in a frenzy after Jenner released a video of her pregnancy, summarizing her life these past nine months. The 11-minute compilation included shots from her doctors appointments, important mementos from her journey with Stormi that she wished to share publicly as well as heartwarming messages from close friends and family. This video, along with a photo of Stormi’s hand gently wrapped around Kylie’s finger tracked a lot of hype and quickly became Instagram’s most liked photo in 2018.

But, Kylie’s pregnancy has also attracted a lot of negative responses. The glorification of her pregnancy along with the news that she conceived at the mere age of 19 received a lot of backlash given how she stands as a role model for teenagers today.

Fans have also been divided on their opinions, either praising her efforts to keep her journey private or criticizing her indirect promotion of early teenage pregnancy. Now, we all patiently wait to see the next chapter of the Kardashian babies : Khloe Kardashian’s upcoming delivery.

0/1

Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com