The Best TV Series to Binge Watch Over Winter Break (Hulu Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year, when we set aside all our work and truly enjoy our existence on this planet, yes, it’s winter break!

Whether you are looking for shows to watch with your family or solo just to keep yourself occupied with something fun, look no further than Hulu. It has the best shows you can binge watch this break. 

Drake & Josh 

While most of us spent our childhoods crushing on Drake from this show, it doesn’t mean that the show has lost its charm just yet. With its classic brother duo shenanigans, Megan’s never-ending pranks, and the fact that most of us misheard the title song (Don’t know what I am talking about? It’s realign not realize!) this show not only helps us live our childhood once again but brings back the era of adorable teenage comedy. 

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Although, you have probably watched this show before, it never hurts to watch it again, the jokes never fail to make us laugh. Blessed with the most wonderful cast, B99 thrives on its originality and bringing humor to a very dark setting, i.e. a police precinct. If you have never shipped Andy Samberg and Melissa Fumero, you’ll likely end up doing so after the show. (Spoiler alert: They were never together irl!)

Keeping Up with the Kardashians

I am a sucker for drama, and there is no better place to get my regular supply than KUWTK. If you are anything like me, you would love this reality show too. It presents a very accurate depiction of life behind the scenes and every little problem or benefit that comes along with it. At the very least, you will probably be subjected to several meme-worthy moments, which isn’t that bad.  

Looking for Alaska

Based on John Green’s book of the same name, this short TV series is about a girl named Alaska, mysterious, smart, and beautiful girl. Her life is the definition of perfect or so it seems , but then something happens which reveals so many well hidden secrets that messes up everyone’s lives. This show is dark, intense, and occasionally funny, and revolves around the lives of a bunch of boarding school students. Its raw emotions and wonderful casting will surely keep you watching till the end. 

Pro tip: If you didn’t already know, Hulu and Spotify have a new partnership where students need to pay only $5.99/month to access both Spotify premium and Hulu’s ad-supported plan, in addition to the three month free trial. 

Images: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5

Palak is a sophomore at NYU majoring in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. She currently serves as the Social Media Director for the NYU Chapter and has previously been a staff writer for the campus team. Have a question for her? Email @pj935@nyu.edu !
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.