This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

A ringing in of the new year means a ringing in of a new wardrobe! There’s no better time to start than this New Year’s Eve. Check out this full list to see exactly what you should wear this year, so you don’t drop the ball on 2019 fashion. 1. Just Add Boots: One of the easiest outfits for the big party is to wear a simple slip dress with fun boots! 2019 Tip: Thigh-high boots are so in this year! Simple and elegant is a fabulous way to celebrate the new year.

2. Topped Off: Whether it is hats or headbands, a sparkly head feature can add the perfect element to any outfit. We love this Chanel beaded beret look below! Check out Free People for an awesome selection of headbands, too. 

3. Pump It Up: Did someone say heels? If your feet hurt just from thinking about it, this may not be the option for you. But, if you can stand the 24 hour wait this NYE, think about wearing spunky pumps with a tight dress or pants to finish off the look. Try a bright color or gorgeous jewel tone pair.

4. Skirt the Issue: If you thought that skirts were only for summer, you’re wrong. Show up to the hottest NYE parties this year in a velvet-slit skirt or a sparkly mini to make mouths drop this new year.

5. Let the Bag Talk: A good statement bag can make or break an outfit. From slogan clutches to sequined pouches, the assortment of options means there is no excuse why your outfit should not be in the bag this year. Check out ASOS or Zara for some great finds that won’t break the bank.

6. Oh So 90s: Diamond or bedazzled bobby pins are the perfect party trick! If you do not believe me, just check out this amazing look worn by Housewife of Beverly Hills, Dorit Kemsley. So perfect for New Year’s Eve.

7. Earring Game: If you are worried about your outfit, score the NYE “best dressed” list with a strong jewelry game. Earrings are our #1 go-to. Don’t be afraid to stand out with a bold statement pair!

Be a hit this NYE with these simple party outfit tricks, and you will be set all year!

Image Sources: 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7

Junior at New York University, studying communications and business. Follow her style page @itsautsams.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.