This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

November is packed – midterms, work, friendsgiving dinners and getting everything ready before you leave for the holiday. With so much going on, make sure to set aside a couple of hours to escape your world in the comfort of your own couch! There’s no better way to de-stress from everything in life than with a couple of good cinema. Here are some of the best movies released this month:

1. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Out in theaters on November 16, The Crimes of Grindelwald is the second film in the Fantastic Beasts series. The film’s visuals are a crowd-pleaser with terrifying Matagots, powerful Kelpies, and adorable Nifflers coming to life. Eddie Redmayne, as the hero Newt Scamander, and Johnny Depp, as the wicked Gellert Grindelwald, stir up nostalgia for our favorite childhood series, Harry Potter.

2. Bohemian Rhapsody

While there are some factual inconsistencies, Bohemian Rhapsody captures the inspiring essence and legacy of the iconic rock band, Queen. The film, released on November 2, follows the group from their roots to their historic performance at Live Aid. A blend of history and cinema, Bohemian Rhapsody is a thrill for a drama-seeking and music-loving audience.

3. The Grinch

The Grinch may be intended for the younger crowd, but no one is too old for animated movies – after all, there’s still a kid inside each and every one of us. Out in theaters on November 9, the movie’s bright visuals and sweet lessons are the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit.

4. Good Will Hunting

The 1997 film (but recently released on Netflix) Good Will Hunting tells the story of MIT janitor and unassuming genius, Will Hunting, and the unraveling of his identity after Hunting’s exceptional intellect is discovered by Professor Gerald Lambeau. As Will, Matt Damon delivers a raw and charming performance alongside Robin Williams, who won an Academy Award for his supporting role of therapist Sean Maguire. The movie is honest, engaging, and filled with emotions and drama.

Grab some popcorn, relax, and enjoy!

Image Credits: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Carol Wu is a freshman in the Liberal Studies Core Program, studying away in Washington, DC. When she's not busy Netflixing, she can be found at Starbucks, sipping on a sweet, sweet, icy Refresher. In the near future, she hopes to give in to her wanderlust cravings and make the world her home.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.