This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It’s crazy that it has been one year since we entered quarantine! Who knows how much longer we will be in quarantine, but one good thing that came out of this is loungewear! Because of social media,loungewear has been revamped and elevated to become high fashion and luxurious. After trial and error, here is what I have composed as the best websites to get lounge and activewear for a comfortable day in or a ride on the Peloton.

These brands can be easily transformed into a chic street-style outfit when paired with a blazer or coat. 

Kotn

If you are looking for great basics, this is it! Kotn is a Canadian brand started in 2015 with a mission to create and consume consciously. It sources its raw ingredients right from Egyptian and Portugese farmers and guarantees fair wages for them. By cutting out the middlemen in trade, Kotn ensures 100% transparency in its supply chain. Oh and it’s 100% organic! It doesn’t get better than this!

First of all, I have to say, I can not believe how comfortable the cotton feels. The set I have is the reverse terry sweatpants and hoodie set, where the cotton is on the outside. This set is so incredibly soft and truly pulled me out of bed during cold days. Even though the cotton is on the outside of the set, it washes perfectly. I have worn it practically everyday and have not experienced any pilling, something that I struggle with when looking for comfortable sweats. 

Brooklinen

Brought to you by a company that is close to you! 

Brooklinen is a company founded in Brooklyn, right next door to Manhattan! Like Kotn, Brooklinen has cut out the middlemen in their supply chain and is able to provide high quality products at midrange prices. 

What I tried out is their loungewear. I am in love with their Montrose Hoodie and Baltic Pants. The material on this set is very thick with the inside lined with that yummy soft fleece we all love. 

Even though I only tried out their loungewear, their product emphasis is on home goods. If you are looking to re-decorate your room, this is where I would tell you to go. Brooklinen’s aesthetic has that Broolyn hipster vibe — minimalist and chic.  

Seriously, check them out! Their Instagram is full of clean aesthetics and puppy photos, this is what I strive to have my IG look like!

Wolven 

Loungewear is nothing without a great pair of leggings! If you are looking for a pair of leggings that isn’t boring, look no further.

Wolven is a brand operating on a carbon offset initiative. they are 100% carbon neutral! With their innovative technology, they are able to turn water bottles that typically go to landfills into non toxic pellets, spin it into yarn, and turn it into fabric!

The set I tried out is the Aqua Aura set. Even though I don’t work out that often, this set has encouraged me to work out for hot girl summer. I would say this set is a very high impact set. If you are doing HIIT like me, you are secure (your bra won’t move). Simply speaking, it is soft, sexy, and chic!

Parachute

Parachute is a woman founded brand that focuses on high quality bed/bath but today I will be focusing on their clothing line. One of hot ticket items (as seen from their Instagram) is the Cloud Cotton Robe, and rightfully so. This robe has been a dream after I shower. This robe features fluffy 2 ply gauze made with Turkish cotton and perfect for both cold and warm weathers.

Additionally, what is so awesome about this brand is that it gives back! Parachute has a mentorship program to help start your own business. This program is a 6 months long program that offers finance and marketing lessons and a 25k grant!

Serena is a senior editor for the NYU campus. She is a rising senior studying economics and psychology. Her interests besides writing for Her Campus are keeping up with the latest high fashion trends as well as testing new beauty products. If you have any questions or just want to chat, hit her up on Instagram/TikTok @rens.nyc
Co-Campus Correspondent/Editor-in-Chief @ HerCampus NYU For comments, suggestions and queries, contact at zh1402@nyu.edu