burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

The Best Bags for Back to School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The one commonality uniting all NYU students is undoubtedly a busy schedule. Racing from internships to classes and then hitting the gym, we are always on the go. Oftentimes, that means we end up carrying everything we need for the entire day on our backs from sunrise to sunset. So, finding the perfect bag that is chic, comfortable, and functional is an absolute necessity.

With the fall semester in full swing, here’s a roundup of Her Campus NYU’s favorite bags for back to school.

MZ Wallace – Metro Backpack

This ultra-lightweight, quilted nylon bag is a sophisticated update to the classic backpack style – it’s no wonder why it’s spotted on countless NYU students across campus. With lots of pockets and room for a laptop, MZ Wallace’s Metro Backpack easily transitions from work and classes to the gym or even a night out. 

STATE Bags – Kane Backpack

We love STATE bags for adding a fun pop of color to our wardrobes. The Kane style easily fits textbooks and notebooks and adds a touch of cool to any outfit. 

Madewell – The Transport Tote

Need a bag that you can throw literally anything and everything in and have it still look amazing? Madewell’s Transport Tote has got you covered. Made from soft leather and available in timeless hues, we can’t recommend this bag enough. Plus, you can have it monogrammed with your initials – it doesn’t get any better than that.

OVERT NYC – The Noho Backpack

Designed by NYC girls for NYC girls, this backpack couldn’t be more sophisticated and functional. Made with black matte neoprene and a ripstop nylon base, OVERT’s Noho backpack is super durable and supportive for stress-free commutes. It has countless pockets and a built-in protective sleeve for your sunglasses. Plus, it comes with a detachable pouch that transforms into a clutch or crossbody bag for a night out. The search for the perfect bag has officially ended.

Lo & Sons – The O.M.G.

For working ladies and avid travelers, this one’s for you. Lo & Sons’ O.M.G. style is so much more than meets the eye – it’s an overnight travel bag that looks like a designer handbag. Featuring a dedicated section for your laptop and separate shoe compartment, it’s clear why this bag has received over 400 five-star reviews.

We hope this guide puts an end to your quest for the perfect back to school bag. Happy shopping!

Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.