This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

The weather is warmer with the sun finally gracing our presence, and everyone will be in a mad rush to get their tans back.  While I crave a good tan, at the moment, I am on a war-path to get everyone to wear sunscreen!  Personally, I’m a sunscreen fiend, but even in the winter, I find myself slacking off just a little bit.  Now that Spring has officially arrived, it’s time to step up my game.

There are plenty of ways to get sunscreen into your routine, and you need it.  A lot of young people neglect sunscreen unless they’re at the beach.  Big mistake.  Sunscreen is the first (and for many, the only) step in preventing signs of premature aging.  Those women who are in their mid 40s and still get carded at the bar?  They know what’s up.

Even on a cloudy day, harmful UV rays never get a day off.  Have you heard of skin cancer?  Skin cancer rates are going up since our ozone layer has been slowing dissenegrating (global warming?), which means we need to load up on our own protection.  But Shannon, I need my vitamin D!  That’s no excuse.  Most people get enough vitamin D into their system just by being outside half an hour twice a week.  Plus, you are what you eat.  Diary, eggs, and fish are all great sources of vitamins, and there’s always the option of supplements.  Basically, there is no excuse to not wear SPF.

Some people avoid sunscreen because they think it leaves behind an unwanted milky residue, but beauty has gone way beyond regular sunscreen.  Nowadays, you can find SPF in moisturizers, primers, foundations, lip balm, etc.  The choice is obvious: choose SPF!  Here are some of my top picks to prove it!

bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum Spf 15, $22, bareescentuals.comAlmay Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer, $10.99, ulta.comSun Bum SPF 30 Pink Guava Lip Balm, $3.99, trustthebum.com

NYU Student, Married to Beauty, Mistress to Sweets, BRIDES fashion intern Spring 2013, Marie Claire beauty intern F/W 2013-14, Cosmopolitan beauty intern Spring 2014, Her Campus NYU beauty blogger, Her Campus National Contributing Writer.Facebook  Twitter  InstagramWill do tricks for cake.Georgia Peach at heart.Obsessed with skincare and makeup.Professional technology assasin.Shoe and bag hoarder.Self proclaimed top-chef.Currently plotting how to sneak my cats from home to NYC.Will hibernate in winter, so please leave a message with your emergency.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.