This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

You gotta give a hand to the fabulous women and men of fashion week.  Come snow, come wind, come black ice – they still flood the city in hoards armed with their best Instagram skills and a right hand photographer.  

Moi?  I’m enjoying the fruits of their labor from my man made nest of blankets, so thank you my fashion week warriors.

One beauty look that caught my attention (it basically ruled Instagram and Twitter for a night) was the gold glittery genius created by Tom Pecheux for Altuzarra.  According to the make up master, it was a last minute epiphany to use MAC 3D glitter in Brass Gold as in impromptu eye liner and eyeshadow.  He dipped his brush in homeoplasmine first to give the loose glitter something to grip onto, but for us at home who don’t have this French cult favorite, a teensy bit of eye shadow primer or cream shadow base should do the trick (I use a dab of my Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream).  Then he took a clean dry fluffy brush and blended the product up into the crease and towards the brow bone.  The final product?  A fresh flirty femine (I’m killing the alliterations tonight!) look that you should definitely have in your repertoire.

In fact, I think this is such a fun basic look that can be pulled off with any metallic color.  Imagine it with silver or copper! Keep the rest of the face super simple by creating a clean canvas with some light foundation and concealer, and complete the look with nude lipstick in a  pinky beige tone. 

I’m definitely going I keep this in mind next time I’m heading to Sunday brunch – what about you?
NYU Student, Married to Beauty, Mistress to Sweets, BRIDES fashion intern Spring 2013, Marie Claire beauty intern F/W 2013-14, Cosmopolitan beauty intern Spring 2014, Her Campus NYU beauty blogger, Her Campus National Contributing Writer.Facebook  Twitter  InstagramWill do tricks for cake.Georgia Peach at heart.Obsessed with skincare and makeup.Professional technology assasin.Shoe and bag hoarder.Self proclaimed top-chef.Currently plotting how to sneak my cats from home to NYC.Will hibernate in winter, so please leave a message with your emergency.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.