This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

We’re in the midst of midterm season, and paired with this cold?  It’s downright brutal. 

I’ve been spending too much time in Bobst studying (I’m the girl with the pillow pet), and these crazy hours have seriously taken a toll.  I woke up one morning after 3 hours of sleep, looked in the mirror, and let me tell you – it was not a pretty sight. 

Dark circles, unfortunately, tend to drag your whole face down.  You look even more tired than you feel, but no worries because there are a multiple ways to cover them up.  Whether you’re getting ready to head to your next exam or setting out for spring break, touching up your dark circle will automatically brighten up your face, so you can fake a good nights sleep.

I like to start with Murad’s Instant Radiance Eye Cream.  This is a miracle cream that within the time it takes to brush my teeth, my under eyes are already smoother and brighter thanks to the retinol palmitate that promotes natural collagen and the tangerine butter that nourishes.  Dark circles are usually worse when your skin sunken in and tired, so plumping it up brings it out of the shadows so it can catch light.  To aid this, light diffusers help by catching the light to make your undereyes instantly brighter.

I usually move onto an illuminating concealer, which also catches the light in order to combat dark circles. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is a great multitasker since you can not only use it on your under eye area but also swip it onto the inner corners of your eyes, the bridge of you nose, and the high points of your cheekbones give a natural glow that doesn’t look like you have highlighter on!  When applying to your undereyes, I find the best technique is to dab it sparingly in a triangle: from outer corner of your eyes, down diagonally to the inner corner of your nose, up to the inner corner of your eyes, and then back to the outer corner.  Then use your ring finger (the gentlest pressure) to lightly pat the concealer to blend it out.  

This is a quick way to perk up your face without putting on other makeup.  You’ll look rested and ready to tackle the world, even though you were up all night studying!

NYU Student, Married to Beauty, Mistress to Sweets, BRIDES fashion intern Spring 2013, Marie Claire beauty intern F/W 2013-14, Cosmopolitan beauty intern Spring 2014, Her Campus NYU beauty blogger, Her Campus National Contributing Writer.Facebook  Twitter  InstagramWill do tricks for cake.Georgia Peach at heart.Obsessed with skincare and makeup.Professional technology assasin.Shoe and bag hoarder.Self proclaimed top-chef.Currently plotting how to sneak my cats from home to NYC.Will hibernate in winter, so please leave a message with your emergency.
Stephanie is in the class of 2014 at New York University studying Journalism and Dramatic Writing. She is currently a production intern at NBC News, after previously interning at ABC News. In addition to being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus NYU, she is also an entertainment and lifestyle blogger for Seventeen Magazine and a contributing writer for USA TODAY and The Huffington Post, as well as a member of the MTV Insights team. Stephanie loves Broadway and performing in musical theatre, as well as shopping, singing, and playing the piano. Follow her NYC adventures on Twitter at @StephanieJBeach.