Style > Beauty

An All-Natural Brand For Your Beauty and Juicing Needs

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

As a health enthusiastic and smoothie-lover, I was thrilled to try out Kaeng Raeng’s all natural, gluten free, and Non-GMO cleanse. Kaeng Raeng, which means “Be Healthy. Be Strong” in Thai, is a detox program that rejuvenates and empowers those who commit to the program. The brand’s classic cleanse includes three different mouth-watering flavors: ‘Joyful,’ ‘Daybreak,’ and ‘Into the Blue.’ While drinking powdered freeze-dried fruits seems daunting and unappealing, the right amount of water and rigorous blending create a surprisingly filling and energizing drink. This isn’t the type of cleanse you just pick up at a store – with these powders, you can customize it with any fruit or milk you have at home, allowing you to maximize any smoothie preferences you may have. The cleanse packets come available in one day (the trial round) for $29.95 and up to six days for $129.95. I started with one day’s worth, plainly mixed with water, just to try it out.

Glai Roong “Daybreak”

Flavors: Mango, Peach, Pineapple

Once blended with water, the powder transform into a pale yellow liquid with a gritty texture. My least favorite of the three packets, “Daybreak” has a slight oatmeal flavor and a consistency that made me feel as if I were drinking liquid dust.

Reunn “Joyful”

Flavors: Strawberry, Raspberry, Pineapple

This smoothie is a beautiful burgundy color with a thick consistency. It has a burst of strawberry flavor that is tasty and refreshing.

Juu Juu “Into the Blue”

Flavors: Blueberry, Banana

Despite its name, “Into the Blue” is actually a rich dark purple color. It’s smooth consistency and delicious fruity taste make it my favorite of the three.

After three difficult, but somewhat satisfying days, I finally finished my juice cleanse. I definitely felt light, clean, energized, and infinitely proud that I actually stuck to such a strict regime. I am slightly upset that I ran out of the miraculous powder, but am so thrilled that I can now return to my diet of potato chips and dining hall food.

In the meantime, here are some other Kaeng Raeng products reviewed by Her Campus NYU staffers:

Daily Green Energy

“If Welcome Week’s activities had you running on empty and power-naps aren’t quite doing the trick, boost your day with Kaeng Raeng’s innovative Green Energy powder. Their vegan, soy, gluten, caffeine, and peanut-free mix is loaded with pea protein and nutrition from 12 fruits and vegetables. I tried their energy powder by mixing it with 8-12 oz water (they also recommend mixing it with smoothies and juices). It has a mild, fruity, and slightly tart taste with an energizing effect perfect for pre-workout or post cleanse. Be sure to mix vigorously; otherwise you’ll get a gritty consistency. I enjoyed mine with fruit for breakfast and found it filling unlike lots of other mixes. Stay healthy and energized during flu season and grab a packet which starts at $6!” – Maz Do, NYU ’19

Detoxfoliant Body Scrub

“As a beauty junkie, I know that body scrubs are essential for exfoliating dead skin off. This body scrub smells delicious (lavender and vanilla – helllloo!), and instantly put me at ease when I used it – I felt like I was at a fancy spa as opposed to my own dingy bathtub. After a good scrub down, this left my legs smooth and soft and ready for all the back-to-school skirts I had planned. Be warned, though: because of its all natural properities, it leaves behind an oily residue. It’ll definitely moisturize your skin, but I would suggest lathering up with some more soap post use. You can purchase it here for $36.” – Madison Fraser, NYU ’17

Products courtesy of Kaeng Raeng
New York University Stern School of Business Class of 2019 Journalism, Finance, Economics, Mathematics
Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein