This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Spring break is the perfect time for a quick trip to refresh before diving back into academics. Whatever your mood; we’ve rounded up spring break destinations for you to enjoy within the country!

Sunny and Sandy — Florida Keys, Florida 

Must visit: Key West  

Chances are you’re longing for beach days after a New York winter. What better chance than to kick-start warmer days than a beach trip. While spring breakers across the country often crowd popular beach cities during this time, there are other beaches to enjoy! The Florida Keys are a great place to visit if you are looking for a beach getaway. With numerous little islands spawned close to each other, you can either go beach hopping or pick a favorite island to spend your break at. One key location is Key West, also home to the southernmost point in the (contiguous) United States. 

Nature Lovers — Big Sur, California

Must visit: Bixby Creek Bridge 

Offering a great mix of beaches and hiking trails, the Big Sur region of California is a picturesque destination perfect for nature-lovers. There are plenty of state parks to choose from in the area, some which have campgrounds if you want to stay in the parks overnight. Two popular parks include Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, which feature hiking trails, beaches, waterfalls and more. If camping isn’t on your agenda, the scenic drive over the iconic Bixby Creek Bridge is still a great option to get a small taste of nature with striking views.  

For the History Buffs — New Orleans, Louisiana  

Must visit: French Quarters

The city of New Orleans is a great getaway for history lovers. The city has historical sites revealing to visitor’s the city’s French past to its famous modern jazz scene. Some popular spots include Garden District, the National WWII Museum, the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park and many more. But a must-visit is the French Quarters of New Orleans; a small slice of the state’s French history. Apart from history, the city is also home to iconic foods like beignets and king’s cake, two well-known NOLA favorites, perfect to keep you fueled throughout your history ventures.  

Small Town Charm — Mackinac Island, Michigan 

Must Visit: Starbucks

A city best explored by foot is the first thing you often hear about Mackinac Island. If you’re craving some small town charm after bustling days in New York City, then Mackinac Island is the place for you. Stroll along Main Street passing by gift shops, bookstores and boutiques. Stop by some of their many cafes and restaurants for a quick pick-me-up. Camouflaged between the old-school architecture, a must visit is Starbucks on the Island, one of the very few big-name brands in Mackinac.  

Last Slopes of the Season — Killington, Vermont

Must visit: Killington Peak Lodge

If you’re feeling sad saying goodbye to the winter skiing and snowboarding season, this may be the last opportunity of the season for one last trip. Not far from New York, Killington Vermont keeps their slopes open for a majority of the Spring season. You can benefit from the crowd-free slopes and the spring discounts! If you’re not into the sports, you can still enjoy the views from their Peak Lodge, perfect for mountain views on clear days. 

Have a splendid spring break and happy travels! 

Mariam is a freshman at NYU SPS. With a passion for ice cream, travel, and music, she aspires to write relatable content for the HerCampus NYU community. To chat or ask any questions, you can reach Mariam at mk7583@nyu.edu.