8 Unique Hairstyles to Switch It Up This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Winter is all about the bringing in the New Year and celebrating Christmas. Here’s 10 hairstyles you’ll want to try this holiday season. You know what they say: new year, new you!

1. Mid-Length With Ashy Highlights

If you’ve been meaning to dye your hair a new color for a while, ash grey is an option you want to look at. Perfect to blend with the winter snow, a mid-length cut with ashy highlights would be hassle free yet unique!

2. The Effortless Lob (Long-Bob) Cut

We all know that Kendall is a star, so why not get her cut? It’s short, stylish and easy to handle! Besides It would look chic with a cocktail dress for that Christmas party you have planned. Just ask for a bob with soft layers for this trendy cut.

3. The Messy Yet Curly Hairdo

Even before our days, Carrie Bradshaw has been a style icon. However her style is still fresh as always. If you’re not in the mood to experiment too much with your hair, go for the messy curls. It’s natural yet sexy! 

4. The Beachy Waves

Who says you can’t pull of a summer hairstyle in the winter? This one is even easier than the last and will give you a cute look for Christmas shopping or for when you’re just grabbing a cup of coffee with that guy you’ve been meaning to ask out for a while. Here’s a link to help you out 

5. The Stacked Bob

First off, this hairstyle is seriously underrated. More on the professional side, this cut is great for those of you who may be working at an internship during winter break! This look is also a great choice for those of you opting for something new and unique.

6. The Blunt Cut

For those of you who are sick of getting your hair styled into layers and just want something that will last–go for the non layered, uniform cut. Whether you want to keep your hair long or short, this refined cut will be perfect for styling into elegant buns or no-stress ponytails.

7. The Diva Curls

If you want something a little more glamorous, try styling your hair into voluminous curls. You can accessorize with a cute beanie or even a Blair Waldorf style headband. 

8. The Layered Bob

Last but definitely not the least, you can’t go wrong with this cut. It’s sleek, stylish and easy to handle. What’s more is that you don’t have to waste time styling your hair every morning. This chic cut is for those of you who want to spend all those lazy winter days in bed. (Yes, I’m raising my hand.)

Nishka Dhawan is an NYU alumnus. She graduated with a double major in Psychology and Journalism and has been a freelance writer and blogger ever since. She's written for CNN Underscored, Mogul, and most recently started working as a tech writer for Digital Trends. When she's not writing you can find her nestling in with a good book while listening to her favorite tunes. Reach out to her at nishka1997@gmail.com to share your controversial opinions and stories.         
Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein