8 Stores You Didn’t Know Offered Student Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

We all know that being in college essentially means that we are constantly thinking, “WHERE DID I SPEND MY MONEY?” All too often, we see something we really like, but this excitement is usually dissipated after we glance at our crumbling bank accounts.

Luckily, there are a few sweet and understanding companies that give us students a little personal help by offering a student discount if you show them your NYU ID.

1. J. Crew

With our student ID, we can get an entire 15% off all full price items.This discount applies to J. Crew, J. Crew Factory, and J. Crew Mercantile.  However, take a note that this offer is exclusive to in-store purchases. The address to the store closest to NYU is 99 Prince Street.

2. Topshop

Just sign up for a free Student Beans membership, and get a unique discount code that you can use to receive a 10% off all items. Not only can you use this code on Topshop’s website, you can also use the code in stores for a 10% discount. The closest Topshop store to NYU is 478 Broadway.

3. Club Monaco

They offer 20% off all items (including those that are already on sale) for students. Just simply show them your ID in stores or sign up online using your official @nyu.edu email for online shopping. They will send a discount code to your email to enter when you check out online. The address for the closest Club Monaco store to NYU is 121 Prince Street.

4. Madewell

Next time when you visit a Madewell store, be sure to present your student ID when checking out. Your student ID will give you an offer of 15% off all items. Unfortunately, Madewell does not offer any student discounts for online shopping.

However, we have a Madewell store really close to us that you can always go check out at 486 Broadway.

5. Kate Spade

Get 15% off all full priced items with your student ID when you shop at a Kate Spade store. However, keep in mind that they do not give such an offer to students shopping online. Currently, Kate Spade also offers 25% off from November 10th to November 13. The closest store is at 454 Broome Street.

6. Banana Republic

At Banana Republic, they offer educational based discounts for both students and teachers. You can receive 15% off with your ID when you make a purchase in store. However, this offer does not apply when you are making online purchases nor does it apply to Banana Republic Factory Stores. Regardless, don’t forget to go check out a Banana Republic store near us either at 105 5th Avenue or 550 Broadway.  

7. The Limited

You can receive 15% off every in-store purchase by flashing your ID. If you are more of an online shopper, don’t forget to click on “Student ID” in the promo codes section when checking out. Once clicking on that link, you will be taken to “ID.me” where you can verify your credentials. After you’ve verified your credentials, you’ll automatically receive a discount in your future purchase. Hurrah!

Though, if you’d prefer to shop in store, the closest store is at 30 Mall Dr W Jersey City, NJ 07310. (Unfortunately, they don’t have a store in Manhattan, sigh.)

8. Toms ​

If you purchase your Toms online, your student ID can earn you free shipping. Also, Toms has an ongoing one-to-one program where for every purchase made, they will help a person in need. In other words, while we stock up on these essential and trendy shoes, we are making a contribution to other people’s lives.

On a further note, don’t forget to register with UNiDAYS. UNIDAYS is a site where you can use by signing up and confirming your student status through the NYU portal. You can get discounts on brands such as: Levi’s, Asos, Reebok, Forever 21, Cole Haan, etc through UNiDAYS:

And don’t forget to keep checking UNiDays so you don’t miss limited time sales.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 

Madison is a current Gallatin junior pursuing a concentration in Magazine Journalism and a minor in Nutrition. Besides obsessing over french bulldogs, peanut butter, and books, she aspires to be an editor someday. The city serves as her limitless inspiration, and you can most likely spot her in the park either writing away or leafing through magazines. She is currently the campus correspondent for Her Campus NYU and has previously interned and written for Bustle.com, Harper's Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and NYLON. She believes in freshly baked cookies and never taking herself too seriously. Except when it comes to her career, of course.  "Creativity is intelligence having fun." - Albert Einstein