8 Sources of Entertainment To Get You Through The Rest Of The Semester

Posted -

After Spring Break, it sometimes seems that we have exhausted all options for entertaining ourselves. Are you bored of March Madness? The following includes a list of eight other entertainment options from gripping books to television, movies, and music.

Movies

1. Beauty and the Beast

Belle-Ear-Beauty-Beast-Poster.jpg

Who doesn’t love Emma Watson? This live-action version of a Disney classic will surely make you smile. From the radiant colors and elaborate costumes, to the catchy and heart-warming songs, you will want to be their guest.

2. Table 19

table19.jpg

If you aren’t a Disney fan or you simply want a dramatic comedy, watch Table 19. Weddings are always a good time…unless the best man dumps you via text message. Nevertheless, Anna Kendrick as Eloise attends the wedding and meets some interesting people at—you guessed it—table 19.

Books

3. Unfiltered by Lily Collins

102416-lily-collins-lead.jpg

Most women in Hollywood are not very open about serious topics like eating disorders, but Lily Collins is not afraid to talk about her days when she struggled with bulimia. Moreover, as the daughter of musician Phil Collins, Lily Collins shares what it is like to be behind the curtains in Hollywood as well as in front of the camera.

4. Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick

redeye-scrappy-little-nobody-book-review-anna-kendrick-is-young-scrappy-not-nobody-20161109.jpg

Anna Kendrick is hilarious. Not many people know of how this quirky, petite brunette got her start, but this novel highlights that story and other loveable Anna anecdotes. Kendrick is incredibly real and raw, and quite self-aware. Not to mention, her book includes a plethora of pictures.

Music

5. Divide by Ed Sheeran

es-divide-final-artwork-lo-res.jpg

If you haven’t already heard Shape of You and Castle on the Hill, go go go! Ed Sheeran is back with some melodic chords from a stirring new album, Divide. Even the album cover is beautiful.

6. “Greenlight” by Lorde

melodrama-lorde-album-new-artwork-cover.png

I’m waiting for it, that green light, I want it! This incredibly catchy song is part of Lorde’s new album Melodrama, which is set to be released in June. If you have already heard “Green Light”, check out her other single “Liability”.

Television

7. HBO Miniseries Big Little Lies

613_1024x411.jpg

This murder mystery mini-series showcases many strong females of Hollywood, from Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern, to Zoe Kravitz (just to name a few). In the town of Monterey, California, there are working moms, stay-at-home moms, and beyond.

8. Fox’s Making History

maxresdefault.jpg

In case you need your Blair Waldorf fix, Leighton Meester is finally back on television! Making History is an American comedy about how Dan Chambers discovers time travel and alters the present by modifying the past.

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/

About The Author

Hey, I'm Tiffanie Snyder! Studying MCC at NYU as a junior, I spend my time immersing myself in any kind of movie, book or magazine I can find. Chai tea is my beverage of choice, and I love almost all food. I have a Pomeranian named Tackle. I am writing for HerCampus's Blog section.