Style > Beauty

The 8 Beauty Items We Were Loving This September

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

As the month of September comes to a close, so does the transition between summer and fall vibes. In the shift between these two drastic seasons, students are rushing to create a new look for the upcoming school year. While shopping to vamp up your wardrobe, don’t forget to add some new beauty products to your cart, too! Refresh your makeup collection with these brand-new and highly sought-after fall beauty releases: 

Freestyle Highlighter in “Trophy Wife” Killawatt Fenty1.

Everyone is raving about Rihanna’s new Fenty Beauty line at Sephora, especially her array of freestyle compact highlighters. These super-shock powders create a glow that you have never been able to achieve before: they really will make your face pop! They are also versatile enough to use on both the cheekbone and the eyes. A favorite of many is the “Trophy Wife” shade, which is a heavily pigmented, 3D metallic gold powder that applies easily and leaves a smooth finish. Her Campus NYU definitely recommends these highlighters for anyone who wants to look as extra and glamorous as RiRi this fall.

2. Fenty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longer Foundation

Another top pick from Rihanna’s new Fenty Beauty line is her foundation. With over 40 shades, Rihanna made sure to match every skin tone possible, with the ultimate goal of creating more options for people with darker skin. This matte finish, liquid foundation forms a flawlessly smooth layer over any imperfection to provide full coverage. This makes it perfect for those with acne scars or oily skin. Head over to Sephora to get your own bottle ASAP!

3. Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Highlighter junkies will go crazy for the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops set. A lightweight and versatile liquid highlighter, this product can be used for strobing, or mixed in with a primer or foundation to create a dewy, lit-from-within glow. The drops come in a wide range of shades, so you can achieve holographic, glistening, sunkissed, and shimmery looks.

4. Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette

Huda Beauty’s 3D Highlighter palette was the talk of the summer, and once again, she has amazed her fans with the release of her eyeshadow palette “Desert Dusk”. This palette contains 18 exclusive shades, all handpicked by Huda Kattan herself. The tones included are the perfect set of orange, red, and pink – fall hues for perfect for anyone’s new look.

5. Charlotte Tilbury Liquid Lipstick

Earlier this month, the legendary makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury launched ten new shades of her perfectly smooth and creamy matte lipsticks. Most liquid lipsticks tend to be extremely drying, which means needing to apply an extra layer of lip balm underneath to prevent any creasing or discomfort. However, Charlotte’s Hollywood Lips are ultra-pigmented and hydrating, so they glide on smoothly and are comfortable to wear all day long. Choose your favorite fall color today!

6. Urban Decay Naked Heat

Although this product was released during the summer, Urban Decay’s Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette is meant to be worn all autumn long! With bright, burnt orange and red tones, these 12 eyeshadows blended together provide the perfect look for this season.

7. Stila Liquid Eye Shadow Set

For a dressier and dramatic eye look, opt for Stila’s vast liquid eye shadow options. This highly-pigmented formula leaves a thick layer of pure glitter on the eyelid, making it the best tool for a starry-eyed look.

8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette

Makeup from Anastasia Beverly Hills have always been a popular choice, and the release of the new Subculture Eyeshadow Palette has gotten everyone excited. Though it came out in the summer, it’s giving us serious fall vibes. The perfect turquoise, orange, and green tones offer a twist on your normal, go-to shadow choices. Be sure to grab one before they sell out!

We hope these new releases help you amp up your makeup look for autumn! Happy shopping!

Images: Cover Image / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

My name is Catalina Gonella, I’m one of the Campus Correspondents at Her Campus NYU, and a junior studying Journalism & Media, Culture and Communications. I'm originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but I moved to South Florida when I was seven to a little suburby city by the name of Coconut Creek. A few other things you should know about me: I'm obsessed with food (current favorite: Ramen), I believe my calling is to try every single coffee shop in New York, I don't know how I expressed myself before Pusheen the Cat and Gifs, and I love when people tag me in Facebook dog videos.