7 Fall Trends That Are Making A Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

1. Florals

I know we live in New York and black happens to be our favorite color. But, it’s finally time to switch it up to something a little more peppy. If you think this pattern is a complete no-no, try wearing some dark, moody florals instead. It’s my personal favourite. The best part? This trend is designed for all budgets. 

Here are some Ideas on how to wear florals.

2. Capes 

We live in a world of superheroes, but that’s not the cape I’m talking about. You remember Blair Waldor’s signature style? Well if you do, then you’ll know she wore a lot of capes. The look might scream Upper East Side glam, but you can definitely find a way to make it your own.

Here are some super cool ways you can wear capes this fall.

3. Jean Jackets

This look never really went out of style, however, the oversized denim jacket did enter most of our wardrobes last year. Now that people are wearing denim everywhere again, I think it’s time to bring back the classic look.

Here’s some inspiration.

4. Pointy Boots

This phrase itself might sound a bit weird, but if you’re looking for something edgy, this is it. We always focus on how long our boots are but have we ever really talked about how ‘pointy’ they are. On another note, try not to kick passersby with these…it would really hurt.

Find these fab shoes here

5. Taking formals outside of the office

Who said you can’t wear pinstripes to class? It’s definitely time to bring this one back. If you’re finding an excuse to wear that blazer with your favourite tight, mini dress, opt for this look. You can use it as an excuse to go interview shopping!

Some ideas to help you out.

6. Leather Pants

The one I get most excited about. Why? Because they’re actually warm. You can wear these to a club or to class, or even to both. Plus you’ll never have to worry about feeling chilly.

Here’s a few do’s and dont’s on how to style leather pants.

7. Sheer

An ode to all of us who love showing off a little skin. Be it a sheer body suit or a sheer jacket, this look has us all looking sexy and seductive 24/7. Funnily enough, I don’t own anything sheer so this is something I need to stock up on myself! Plus the great thing about sheer? There are so many different ways you can wear it.

A few ways to wear sheer, while staying classy. 

Images 1/2/3/4/5/6/7

Nishka Dhawan is an NYU alumnus. She graduated with a double major in Psychology and Journalism and has been a freelance writer and blogger ever since. She's written for CNN Underscored, Mogul, and most recently started working as a tech writer for Digital Trends. When she's not writing you can find her nestling in with a good book while listening to her favorite tunes. Reach out to her at nishka1997@gmail.com to share your controversial opinions and stories.         
Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com