7 Delicious Dessert Spots Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

For those of you with a sweet tooth, this list will provide you with some of the tastiest dessert bars around campus! Whether it’s ice cream or frozen s’mores, there’s definitely something in here that you’ll want to try.

1. Momofuku Milk Bar

Located on 13th and 2nd this tiny dessert place packs a ton of flavor. Be it the crack pie whose creamy gooiness melts in your mouth with the first bite or the compost cookie that crumbles to perfection, Milk is the place to be. Pro tip: this spot normally has pretty long lines, try heading there on a weekday during the day for quick service!

2. 16 Handles

Located on second avenue, this froyo bar offers a variety of flavours including birthday cake, cereal bowl and more! After choosing your flavor(s), add your favourite toppings and have a delicious meal/dessert within 10 dollars. Pro tip: 16 Handles also serves vegan and gluten free froyo and includes the calorie count next to each flavour.

3. Spot Dessert Bar

Located on St. Marks place, this quirky dessert bar offers some interesting treats like the Chocolate Green Tea Lava Cake and The Harvest (pictured below). If you’re in the mood to try fun, artistic desserts, this is the place to go. Pro tip: try going with a group so you can order a ton of different desserts and sample them all. Trust me, it’s worth it!

4. Georgetown Cupcakes

Most people think Magnolia Bakery is the place to be, but Georgetown Cupcakes offers some delish goodies. It has all the cake flavours you love like red velvet or chocolate peanut butter, but what really makes this cupcake spot is the frosting. Each cupcake is topped with a velvety, creamy and flavourful frosting that will leave you wanting more! Pro tip: check out their flavor of the day on Twitter; if you ask for it when you go in you’ll get a free cupcake (while supplies last…get there early!)

5. Dominique Ansel Bakery

Located in the heart of fashion, SoHo, this bakery is home to the original cronut, and also the best one you’ll ever have. It’s always crowded but the wait is definitely worth it. Their cookie shots are to die for. Pro tip: don’t forget to try their frozen s’mores.

6. Max Brenner

Located on Broadway this spot offers rich, creamy hot chocolate, perfect for the cold weather. They also offer a variety of chocolate flavoured cocktails that pair perfectly with their crepes. If you have a craving for chocolate this is definitely the place to be. Pro tip: make a reservation or head there on a non-crowded day and don’t forget to try their dessert pizzas!

7. Insomnia Cookies

Most people already know about this one. Their cookies are hot, gooey and just the right size to devour with some chocolate milk. They have a variety of flavours and what’s better, they will deliver straight to your dorm until 3 am in the morning. It’s the perfect treat when you’re trying to cram for an exam and have a sudden sugar craving. Pro tip: don’t eat the cookies cold, and definitely try the s’mores cookie.

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

Nishka Dhawan is an NYU alumnus. She graduated with a double major in Psychology and Journalism and has been a freelance writer and blogger ever since. She's written for CNN Underscored, Mogul, and most recently started working as a tech writer for Digital Trends. When she's not writing you can find her nestling in with a good book while listening to her favorite tunes. Reach out to her at nishka1997@gmail.com to share your controversial opinions and stories.         
Erin is a senior and former Campus Correspondent at NYU studying Comparative Literature and Music. On most days, you can find her at local coffee shops or cafés with her nose in a book. When she's not falling in love with fictional characters, she's blogging away on her lifestyle blog. If Erin is "busy", she is either in choir rehearsal or thinking of creative ways to conquer the literary world.