Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Style > Beauty

5 Trader Joe’s Beauty Products You Need In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

With big grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s being staples for many college students in the city, it’s no surprise that many of their food products and snacks go viral on platforms like TikTok

I consider myself a Trader Joe’s girl, but not just because of the store’s food selection – because of the natural beauty products they sell. Not only are most of their products clean and cruelty-free, they are also listed at reasonable prices – particularly great for the budget of a college student.

If you’re looking for new beauty and hair products to try out, here are five products I recommend you try. 

Trader Joe’s Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Serum

I’ve been using this hair serum for about two to three years now. It is very inexpensive for its size. I like lathering it on the ends of my hair after I wash it. It leaves my hair smelling like coconut, and it keeps my hair shiny and rejuvenated, especially after using heat on my hair. The serum helps bring back that natural shine that can get lost with heat damage.

Trader Joe’s Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Mask

Similar to the serum above, I have been using this hair mask for a few years. I don’t use it every week, but I’d recommend using it once or twice a month, so it’s not too harsh on your hair or scalp. I like using the mask after I’ve used heat on my hair. It leaves my hair silky and moisturized, and it is also a great price for how long it lasts and its size! 

Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen SPF 40

I saw this product on TikTok, comparing it to the “Supergoop” sunscreen which was viral at the time. Supergoop sunscreen is much more expensive than Trader Joe’s sunscreen, which works similarly. However, it is always sold out, speaking to its popularity. This is an oil-free product, so as a person with oily skin, it leaves my skin soft but matte. It also does not leave any leftover lotion on the skin!

Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter

Body butter has become a very popular product. I am a huge fan of any type of moisturizing lotion. I really like this product because it does not feel heavy or sticky on the skin. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smells like the tropics. It’s listed at a very affordable price for the amount of product you get. 

Trader Joe’s Supreme Hydrating Eye Cream

I am not a huge eye cream user, but recently I’ve been noticing the area around my eyes becoming a little dry. I got this eye cream and have been using it for a few months in the nighttime before bed. I have really been liking it so far because it has gotten rid of that dryness I was noticing.  

Many of these products have made their way into my daily skin and hair care routines! Give them a try and you might find a new staple.

Angelica, born and raised in NY, is currently a senior at New York University in the College of Arts & Science! Find her on Instagram @angelicadeviannie :)