5 Great Vegetarian Dishes Around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

1. Pita With Falafel: Maoz Falafel and Grill

This one is pretty obvious, but so worth mentioning. Maoz’s falafel never disappoints. It’s quick, delicious, and right on 8th street, the perfect veggie lunch for in between classes.

Pro tip: Ask for a container on the side and load up on the veggies from the veggie bar. Oh, and don’t forget the garlic sauce. Trust me.

image credits: maozvegetarian

2. Vegetarian Vermicelli: Saigon Shack

This dish consists of plain cold noodles and season soy protein, served with a soy vinaigrette on a bed of greens and shredded carrots and cucumbers. The soy protein is perfectly cooked and incredibly flavorful. And they’re in about 10 minutes after you order. It’s an experience every vegetarian in NYC should have… Scratch that, it’s an experience every human being in NYC should have. For only $8, this dish is so good you’ll almost wish they charged more. Almost.

3. Bowl/Salad: SoHo Tiffin Junction

With multiple vegetarian options, this South Indian version of the build your own bowl/salad concept is both budget friendly and mind-blowingly good. For around 6 bucks you can get a petit bowl (which is plenty) and choose from entrees like kale & cauliflower or curried avocado with corn. Finish it off with however many of their toppings you want, from spinach raita to a sweet and tangy mango sauce, and you have a bowl of flavor explosions!

4. The Guac Burger: By Chloe

This burger is a total vegetarian indulgence. Made from black bean, quinoa, and sweet potatoes and topped off with corn salsa, onions, guac, tortilla strips and chipotle aioli all on a whole grain bun, it’s pretty much guaranteed to satisfy and leave you thinking what even is meat and why do people make burgers out of it?

image credits: joie_life

5. Sides Matter – Choice of 3 Sides: Hu Kitchen

This dish is actually 3 enormous heaps of 3 veggie sides. You get to choose from assorted market veggies, roasted broccoli, caramelized pineapple. root vegetable mash, roasted cauliflower, organic quinoa and roasted sweet potatoes. You really can’t go wrong with any of these choices; they’re all expertly seasoned, healthy, and filling!

image credits: projectcleanfood

My name is Catalina Gonella, I’m one of the Campus Correspondents at Her Campus NYU, and a junior studying Journalism & Media, Culture and Communications. I'm originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina, but I moved to South Florida when I was seven to a little suburby city by the name of Coconut Creek. A few other things you should know about me: I'm obsessed with food (current favorite: Ramen), I believe my calling is to try every single coffee shop in New York, I don't know how I expressed myself before Pusheen the Cat and Gifs, and I love when people tag me in Facebook dog videos.
Erin is a senior and former Campus Correspondent at NYU studying Comparative Literature and Music. On most days, you can find her at local coffee shops or cafés with her nose in a book. When she's not falling in love with fictional characters, she's blogging away on her lifestyle blog. If Erin is "busy", she is either in choir rehearsal or thinking of creative ways to conquer the literary world.