Style > Beauty

5 Black Owned Beauty Brands for Black History Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It’s Black History Month, which means it’s the perfect time to support Black-owned businesses. Her Campus NYU has the perfect brands to add to your beauty routine!

Benue Cosmetics (@benue.co)

Searching for some all natural products to add to your skincare routine? Look no further than Benue Cosmetics! Started in honor of the owner’s late mother, Benue has serums and toners for every skin type with ingredients you can actually read. Benue also has a honey mask that is to die for!

Juvia’s Place (@juviasplace)

Juvia’s Place offers highlighters, blushes, and lip products as well, but we love them for their eyeshadow palettes. Their palettes come in super vibrant shades with amazing color payoff. With price tags under $30, it’s an affordable option too!

Beauty Bakerie (@beautybakeriemakeup)

Beauty Bakerie specializes in smudge-free makeup and has everything from foundation to lip gloss. They have a variety of shades, are a vegan friendly brand, and as their name suggests, their products smell delicious!

Coloured Raine (@colouredraine)

If you’re in the market for unique lip products, Coloured Raine has got you covered. They have gorgeous lip lacquers, but we love their metallic liquid lipsticks. They have every finish you could want (matte to satin to gloss) and tons of colors to choose from!

Lisa Nail Lacquer (@lisalacquer)

Lisa Nail Lacquer was started by beauty editor, Lisa Wilson, who grew tired of seeing the same old nail polish colors come across her desk everyday. Colors range from pastels to deep shades and with a cruelty-free, non-toxic, chip resistant formula, what more could you ask for?

We hope we’ve inspired you to try out some of these Black-owned beauty brands for Black History Month and beyond!

Images: 1/2/3/4/5

Chelsea is social media inspired senior at NYU majoring in Marketing and minoring in Entertainment Business. In her free time she enjoys saving the environment one thrifting trip at a time, having impromptu photoshoots with friends around the city, and creating content for her blog, Bloomsista.com.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.