Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

5 Best Things To Do in NYC This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

AH, FALL IS HERE!

The crispness of the air, the beautiful foliage, the warmth of cozy knit sweaters…what isn’t there to like about this vibrant season? 

Although COVID-19 has put a damper on most fall gatherings, rest assured that NYC provides no limit on the number of fun activities that are still available during this time! Below are just a few of the events happening in the city that you should check out before the season ends.

1. Fall Foliage Walks 

What would fall be without a day taken to walk through some beautiful forests with a warm cup of pumpkin-spiced latte in hand? The perfect activity to do while social distancing, NYC offers a variety of locations where the foliage would be on full display.  Besides Central Park itself, take an afternoon to ride the ferry to Governor’s Island and sit in nature for a few hours. Another amazing location to check out would be the New York Botanical Gardens. 

2. The Floral Escape 

For some insta-worthy fall photos, look no further than the floral art pop up installation at Queens County Farm Museum. Open until November 29, the farm is a family-friendly environment with 10 different floral set-ups perfect for pictures. At $20 a ticket, this “floral oasis” is a must-see!

3. Photoville

Interested in photography? You probably have already heard of NYC’s annual photography festival at Brooklyn Bridge Park! In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the festival this year will be spread across various public spaces in the city besides from the park near the bridge. Be sure to check out the various collections documenting the lives of different individuals during the pandemic. 

4. Museums

The museums are back! After a six-month-long closure, several of the city’s museums have reopened with brand new exhibitions and activities for the socially distanced individual. Be sure to check out all there is to offer at the Brooklyn Museum, MoMA, and American Museum of Natural History. 

5. Farmer’s Market

Looking for the perfect apple cider or that creamy pumpkin pie? Check out the variety of farmer’s markets located throughout the five boroughs. From Union Square to Chelsea, each farmer’s market is a different surprise waiting to be explored!

Maria Kulapurathazhe is currently a student at NYU Tandon School of Engineering, pursuing a degree in Biomolecular Science and a minor in Journalism. Passionate about current research in the medical field today, Maria loves to share the information she finds in writing. Outside of academics, Maria loves catching up on Indian movies, watching old USWNT games, playing badminton, and hanging out with her friends and family in the city.
Senior at NYU studying English and Journalism. Big fan of conspiracy theories, superheroes, and good coffee.