4 Ways to Transition Your Wardrobe from Summer to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Welcome back NYU! This is such an exciting time of the year. For some of you this is your first time away from home, for others the senioritis is about to be in full blow, but for all of us its New York Fashion Week. NYFW is the sign that it is probably time to put away the bikinis and break out the boots. The best part about being an NYU student is that everyone on campus is so free and expressive with his or her fashion, which means for us to not take everything so seriously and remind you to have fun with fashion! That’s what its all about.

The first easy way to transition your closet from summer to fall is tights! Wear them under all of your summer pieces. They look great under all of your summer dresses, skirts, and shorts. As for what you should wear on your feet, ballet flats are such a cute way to welcome fall back. If you do not have any tights, have no fear they are so common and easy to find. You can visit Bloomingdales online, and in person for a wide array of options, or any other department store. I believe drug stores have simple ones as well.

The second is that your finally not going to be burning up from the heat of the sun so you are able to wear layers! Layer a sweater, light jacket, or leather jacket over your summer outfits, and you will look instantly chic. If it is a little colder throw on a scarf, or hat!  Notice they are wearing tights with their shorts.

The best part about fall is the boots! I must admit I am a little boot crazy but all one needs is one or two pairs of boots and they will match everything in your closet. You can wear your boots with dresses, with jeans, with anything, that’s why they are so great! This season my favorite boots are from C Wonder. They are simple black boots that I cannot wait to start wearing them with everything.  A similar, but cheaper version of these boots is sold at Forever 21.   I also love tall boots that go over your skinny jeans. Frye has great tall boots if you are willing to spend some money on them. They are expensive but last a lifetime unlike other boots. They can definitely handle the streets of NYC in the cold for many, many years.   Of course Designer Shoe Warehouse, otherwise known as DSW, always has great options for amazing prices. 

Just remember to have fun with your style and enjoy the last days of warmth!

My name is Catherine Bartlett and I am from East Hampton, NY. I am a transfer student to NYU and I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus. 
Along with hummus, coffee, and Jon Hamm, Claudia's interests also include writing. She wishes to pursue a career in the editorial world and has experienced several previous editorial internships. She is currently studying Media, Culture and Communications at N.Y.U. along with an Italian minor.