The 4 Cheapest Places Around Campus to Keep Your Eyebrows Neat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

It’s safe to say: Eyebrows are in. What’s even hotter? Threading.

What it is:

Threading is an eyebrow hair removal technique that originated from India and Central Asia. It consists of using thin pieces of thread to remove all unwanted hair.

Pain Level: The pain level differs from person to person. I always encourage everyone to try it even if they claim to not have a high pain tolerance! Side Tip: This may sound weird, but I always moisturize my eyebrows before heading to the threading salon. Even if you have a high pain tolerance, you don’t want to have your eyebrows threaded on dry skin! Yikes! Luckily, most salons do provide some type of lotion or moisturizer before they begin!

If you’re like me, the end results always outweigh the pain. The more I get my eyebrows threaded, the less pain I’m in each session. Also, keeping my visits consistent to every two weeks, is key to minimizing pain as my eyebrow hair would not have grown too long.

Disadvantage:

Because threading, compared to waxing, does take a few hairs up at once, it may seem more painful.

Benefit:

For people with sensitive skin, this technique may be an alternative, as one of the benefits of threading is its tendency to be gentler on the skin.

I love the results on my eyebrows when I get them threaded. I can’t thread them myself (and couldn’t imagine doing so.) Therefore, I rely heavily on the biweekly visits. (Yes, I have a budget for my eyebrows!) Ever since I’ve moved to New York City, believe it or not, my wallet has been so much happier. That is in terms of eyebrow spending, of course. Back home, I used to spend $20 to get my eyebrows threaded, but now I can locally get my eyebrows done for less than half the price and still walk out with satisfied results.

Here are some places that keep your eyebrows on FLEEK, but leave you with enough money to hang out with friends later.

Whether you’re on the Manhattan campus or on the Brooklyn campus, here are some options:

Manhattan

Thread

www.threadsalon.com

32 3rd Ave

New York, NY 1003

Price: $8

Professional Threading Studio                              

www.newyorkthreadingstudio.com

11 Saint Marks Pl

New York, NY 10003

Price: $7

Downtown Brooklyn

Rawaj Spa

www.rawajeyebrowthreadingspa.com

453 Fulton Street

Brooklyn, NY 12201

81 Willoughby Street

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Price: $5

Sarina Threading Salon

91 Montague St

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Price: $7

Image credit: Miracle Eyebrows (1) Flickr (2) 

Enthusiastic STEMinist. Avid Hairstyle Changer. Community Service Lover. Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering major. Group Fitness Addict. CEO & Founder of Esther Nzuzi LLC. 
Erin is a senior and former Campus Correspondent at NYU studying Comparative Literature and Music. On most days, you can find her at local coffee shops or cafés with her nose in a book. When she's not falling in love with fictional characters, she's blogging away on her lifestyle blog. If Erin is "busy", she is either in choir rehearsal or thinking of creative ways to conquer the literary world.