This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Recently, Korean beauty products have been taking over the US market. People are starting to shy away from the fully covered, defined and contoured look that US based products promote, and are instead opting for a desirable natural glow that Korean products offer. With these products comes the hype of the infamous 10-step Korean beauty routine. Take a look at the list of products below which will allow you to master that 10-step routine in no time!

1. Banila’s Co Clean It Zero Classic

Starting with this oil-free cleanser will transform your skin and give it a more smooth-like texture. The lightweight formula acts as the first step in removing make-up residue after a long day out and about, and can even as a perfect way to start the day! What’s best about this cleanser in particular is that, although it works towards removing the dirt off your face, it doesn’t remove the natural oils from the skin, leaving you with a perfect, natural glow. (Do this step once in the morning and again at night)

2. Neogen’s Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser

A common second option is a foam cleanser, specifically this green tea infused hydration aid. The foam texture and its water-base acts as more of an exfoliant to prevent acne and balance out perfectly with the previous oil cleanser for an overall healthier feel. (Do this step once in the morning and again at night)

3. Missha’s Time Revolution Clear Toner

Make-up is not the only product that can leave residue on your face! After using all the cleansers, it is a must to even out the pH levels in the skin by using a toner. One of the popular toners is Missha’s Time Revolution Clear Toner, which gently removes debris and aids in further seeping in the previous products into the pores. (Do this step once in the morning and again at night)

4. COSRX’s Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

After using a toner to even out the skin pH, choose an essence to enhance your complexion even further. COSRX’s Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is filled with vitamins to prevent any damage that could happen to the skin on a daily basis.

5. Hanskin’s Bio Prism Brightening Alpha Serum

This serum blend of botanical extracts contains crystal prism moisturizing capsules that will break open when shaken in the bottle, working to remove any redness or discoloration from your skin. This will assist the toner and essence in creating an even complexion.

6. Etude House’s Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream

A go-to for your daily and nightly skincare routine, Etude House’s Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream does just the trick for dark circles and puffy bags, rejuvenating the under eye area and bringing it back to its supple and wholesome state. Make sure to apply the cream with your ring finger in order to prevent stretching and wrinkle lines! Be gentle on the eyes!

7. Missha’s Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream

Probably the most important step in a routine is moisturizing. Missha’s Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream contains 70 percent snail mucin extract, aiding in the regeneration of cells and enhancing skin elasticity and firmness. Alongside the strengthening element, its healing agent aids in reducing redness and acne (Use again at night).

8. Neogen’s Day-Light Protection Sun Screen SPF 50

Another crucial step in a Korean beauty routine is sunscreen! After all the moisturizing is done, make sure to add a layer of sunscreen to protect your skin’s from the UV rays of the sun. Too much sun exposure can cause severe damage and sun spots on your skin. This light protection formula majorly protects covered areas of the skin, with its rose, honey and raspberry extracts included to hydrate even further.

9. Skinfood’s Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off

At night, opt for a thicker exfoliant to gently remove all impurities and hydrate the skin. Skinfood’s renowned Black Sugar Strawberry mask not only provides you with a fresh feeling but also leaves you with a sweet scent. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes for the best results!

10. Manefit’s Bling Bling Hydro Gel Mask – Whitening Platinum

An essential in the Korean beauty routine is always a sheet mask, particularly this Whitening Platinum Bling Bling Hydro Gel Mask from Manefit. The mask provides a soothing and minty-fresh feeling to one’s skin, brightening up hyper-pigmented areas without any of the dangerous bleaching agents that are found in most other brightening products (at night only).  

Image Sources

0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10

Grace is currently a senior at New York University majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. Although born in California and raised in Dallas, Texas, Grace considers Seoul, South Korea to be her home sweet home. At school, Grace serves as the Editor-In-Chief at Her Campus NYU, President at Freedom for North Korea (an issue very personal to her), and Engagement Director of the Coalition of Minority Journalists. She is currently interning at Turner's Strategic Communications team while serving as a PA at CNN. In her free time, Grace loves to sing jazz, run outside, read the news, go on photography excursions, and get to know people around her-- hence, her passion for conducting Her Campus profiles. She can be reached at: gracemoon@hercampus.com