Emojis Friends Funny Fun Happy Emotions
Emojis Friends Funny Fun Happy Emotions
Molly Longest / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NU chapter.

Living a balanced life has been taught to us through the epochs. From scriptures to elders’ advice to the solace of a friend, we have always been told one thing, “It’s alright. Everything is going to be fine if you are fine.”

Why is it that before every first-aid instruction, it is mentioned, “Do not panic.” 

Every difficulty we face is leveled up or heightened because of these emotions. Emotions flow through our body all the time, regulating everything from our thoughts to our decision-making to how we behave. They have the upper hand in most of the things happening in our lives.

Now, the question arises: “Should we just let our emotions control us? For, it is a part of our life, a gift of God. So, do we not do anything about it?” 

The answer is, we need to control our emotions rather than give control to the palace of our emotions.

The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it

There would have been many instances in your life where you have felt that, if you could have contained your overflowing emotions then maybe things would have been more pleasing. 

Emotions are there to motivate us and focus our attention. Each emotion has a purpose. For example, if you are angry, it implies that you never wanted things to turn out like this. Generally, your bodily reactions would come out in the form of shouting, throwing things away, and raging chaos in your surroundings. But, this is not the purpose of anger in your body. 

Anger is a signal that our course is blocked. It focuses our attention on the danger and motivates a response of defying or forcing through the obstruction.

We need to live a balanced life. And for that, we have to conquer this flood of emotions. But the main question is “How?”How can it be possible to control something that was born with us and has always been a part of our life uncontrollably?

We have been taught and told many things in our lives but never told how to implement them in our day-to-day life. We have been advised by our elders to contain ourselves in any situation but never told how.

Not everything in this world has a direct answer. Sometimes, one has to search for the solution to the problems faced. As absurd as it sounds, the journey is yours and you need to give it a start. 

In the meantime remember,

Even if we can’t control our emotions,we can control the attention we give to our emotions

A casual writer who loves to pen down thoughts from why we get emotional to why we exist. Almost everything excites me and here I am to share a part of my experiences and life with the readers.