This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NU chapter.

EDITED BY: TANISHA SEHGAL

We all love Christmas, don’t we? Lights, freshly baked cookies, plum cakes, beautifully decorated trees and what not! For many, it is the season of happiness and family get-togethers. But for few, including me, this season is all about the weather. You might like to go out and enjoy the cool breeze like me or you may want to stay inside your warm homes. It is the best time to gather together and indulge in some Christmas movies that can add joy, laughter and a touch of nostalgia in your celebrations. Here’s a list of some must-watch movies.

1. A Christmas Carol:

Based on the timeless book of the same name by Charles Dickens. The story revolves around Ebenezer Scrooge, a bitter man visited by three ghosts on Christmas eve.The ghosts show him scenes from his past, future and present. This changes Scrooge’s life. From being heartless, he becomes compassionate, kinder and celebrates Christmas with joy. The story teaches us that even a cold heart can feel the warmth of love and humanity. The original movie was released in 1984 and there is also an animated version from 2009, Jim Carrey voicing Scrooge!

2. The Grinch:

Grinch is a lovable green character. He will bring fun and mischief back into your lives. The movie released in 2000, with Jim carrey brilliantly portraying the character. Grinch’s transformative journey from being a cynic to a symbol of love and Carrey’s comedic brilliance makes it a joyful spectacle that resonates with all ages. It is a heartwarming movie with a pinch of laughter making it a perfect watch. An animated version was also released in 2018, which I haven’t watched yet.

3. The Polar Express:

Imagine embarking on a mysterious journey to the north pole on Christmas eve! Based on Chris Van Allsburg’s book, this animated movie will surely take you to a never seen before train journey. Throughout the journey, the boy and the other children encounter whimsical characters and some extraordinary events making it a joyful ride. I love this movie, and everytime I watch it, it feels fresh. Watch Out for the Polar Express conductor, he’s an interesting character.

4. Home Alone (series):

My Christmas is incomplete without watching this! Kevin McCallister is a kid who is accidentally left behind when his family goes on a vacation for Christmas. He enjoys the freedom but soon realises that he has to save himself and his house from burglars. With all the misadventures and his genius mind, it is a timeless comedy that will charm the audience. You’ll be in awe with Kevin’s character. In fact, there are actually six movies in the series, of which, the first two are my absolute favourites. It is a must-watch!

Happy watching and Merry Christmas!

An avid reader who is just trying his hands on writing something meaningful.