Style > Beauty

Three Makeup Looks to Put You and Your Wallet in the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

The holidays are right around the corner and everything is festive af. Unfortunately, with our college budget and having to buy presents our pockets aren’t really in the Christmas spirit. Here are 3 ways to spice up your holiday look when you’re ballin’ on a budget.

Winter Wonderland Glam: Glitter makes every look 10 times better. If you’re attending a fancier event you should try cut crease with silver glitter to resemble the sparkle of snow for the perfect winter wonderland look.

For this look try using:

NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Metallic Glitter in Lumi-lite -$6.49

NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Glitter Primer -$6.49

A Wonderful, Winter Wing: You could never go wrong with a simple cat-eye. Since it’s the holidays try swapping your normal black eyeliner for maybe a white, green, or even red. For a more festive look you can coordinate the colors or make a candy cane look with white and red.

Tip: Try using your scotch tape at an angle to achieve the perfect winter wing.

For this look try using:

NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Vivid Brights Eyeliner -$6.99

NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP White Liquid Liner – $6.99

Basic but, Bashful: it doesn’t always take doing the absolute most to make your makeup put people into the holiday spirit. If you just do a simple face and add a red lip you’ll be sure to light up the night like Rudolph.

For this try using: NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels 

Whether attending a glamorous holiday party, or just grabbing hot cocoa with friends these looks are sure to get some bells jingling. You could even combine these looks to make the ultimate festive look!

Jaila is a Sophmore Mass Communication major at Norfolk State University. She was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia. She loves makeup, dancing, and writing.