This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

Kim Etienne is nothing short of a modern day renaissance woman. The Kinesiotherapy major is in the process of completing her junior year at Norfolk State University, but she is not now, nor has she ever been your average student. Kim graduated high school early at the age of 17 and has been serving in the United States Army Reserves as a combat medic since then. Along with her military career, Kim is also pursuing acting, voiceovers, podcasts, and modeling. The sky’s the limit, she wants to try it all.

Kim is the proud product of a Haitian househould and wants to show the world what greatness Haiti has to offer.

“I really want to be a brand ambassador for different Haitian businesses. To break these misconceptions that Haiti is a poor country with nothing to offer. So far I’ve got one: PawolApparel”

Although Kim is single, she is not looking for love at the moment. Right now, she is focused on herself and believes that you should “let love find you. In the meantime make sure you’re working on being the best you can be and loving yourself”. Dont be discouraged fellas, she didn’t say she wasn’t open to love. So heres what you need to know: Kim is big on energy and vibes. We asked Kim what she loves most about the opposite sex and a strong, energetic personality is what easily grabs her attention. 

“I want my future husband to be able to grab the attention of everyone in a room without talking but when he does speak he is well spoken. He can make you laugh for hours but knows when to be serious.”

We’re sure we’ll be seeing much more of Kim on our instagram feeds, television screens, and so much more! Make sure you follow her on instagram @kimetn to see what else she has in store for the world and stay tuned to HCNSU for next weeks campus cutie!

A free spirit who was born and raised in California, Chere is currently a student at Norfolk State University. At school, you are likely to find her studying mass communications -- but she is a firm believer in the expansion of knowledge in all areas. A strong advocate for Black women, equality, and social justice, Chere hopes to use her writing to further answer her call to activism.