This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

In the past month, I have tried three different leave-in conditioners and watched the effects each had on my hair. The different ones I tried are Cantu “Shea Butter for Natural Hair Leave-In Conditioning Cream”, Shea Moisture “Strengthen & Restore Leave-In Conditioner”, and TGIN “Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner With Green Tea and Argan Oil”.

I would like to start off with the different qualities of my hair, my hair is a mixture of textures like some 4a and 4b here and there but it is mostly 4c. I also have thin but full hair so my hair tends to look kind of thick and it holds on to water well. The method I use in my hair is the L.O.C./L.C.O. Method where L stands for a liquid base product, O stands for an oil of your choice, and C stands for a cream of your choice. I use both methods when I do my hair, but I prefer the L.O.C. Method because it holds the moisture in more for me.

The Cantu Leave-In Conditioner

This product was ok in my opinion and would keep my hair moisturized for about a week or two when I would use the L.O.C. Method. However, I did not like that the product would lighten my hair from dark brown to a medium light brown. Each time I used this product in my hair I would have to wash my hair multiple times to get the color back to normal and it still took about a month or two to go back to its original color.

The TGIN Leave-In Conditioner

I would not say I hated the product, it just personally did not work well with my hair. When I used the product after putting my oils in, it made my hair feel extremely dry and rough as if I put nothing in my hair. This is a product I don’t ever see myself using again.

The Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner

I absolutely love this leave-in. When I would use this product, it would leave my hair feeling extremely moisturized for months after taking down whatever hairstyle I had at the time. I would always get compliments on how soft my hair was and the best part about it was my hair looked healthy and shiny which is a plus.

If I had to recommend a product to someone, it would obviously be the Shea Moisture Leave-In Conditioner because I had the best result with that product. It is important to note that not everyone will have the same results that I did. Everyones hair type is unique to them, so dont be afraid to play around in different methods and products!

Hello my name is Janiya Henley and born and raised in Philadelphia, Pa. I am a Mass Communication General Broadcasting major at Norfolk State University who is also interested in learning all areas of Mass Communication. I am very friendly and I love to talk. I also have a Youtube channel with one of my friends called J&J Network.
I am a Mass Communications General Broadcasting major at Norfolk State University. My goal is to become a media influencer and to inspire many in my position.