This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

Over the past 5 or more years, the beauty community has been raging over a very successful brand called “Huda Beauty.” Behind this known brand is, Huda Kattan herself, this Instagram and YouTube famous beauty influencer launched her brand in 2010 and has been on the raise since with now 34 million followers on Instagram and 3.1 million on Youtube. Secure that bag sis!

Huda Kattan was born in of Oklahoma, but was raised in Tennessee to her Iraqi Parents.  The beauty industry started for Huda shortly after the death of Michael Jackson in 2009 and she begin to question her true passion as she was unhappy about her PR job and wanted to put her passion to the test. She responded to USA Today saying, “I need to love what I do, because I’m going to give 110 percent. I’m going to be working from 6 in the morning until 10 p.m., so I need to make sure I like it.” With thoughts still lingering, her sister encouraged her to start studying makeup and soon after she became a blogger, then a makeup artist where she returned to school to get her makeup artistry certificate. This work didn’t stop, she first began Huda Beauty as a blog while also creating makeup tutorials.

https://hudabeauty.com/foundation-hacks-that-will-change-your-life/

As she spoke at  TedXDubai Woman talk in 2010 elaborating that, “The minute you decide to do what you love to do, you have made a life plan for yourself and a career choice.” Soon after believing she couldn’t have a business, in 2013 Huda Beauty started to sell lashes and quickly received love from Kim Kardashian West herself. Talk about something to fangirl over! Kattan and her sisters dedicated time to learn everything about packaging just out of Kattan’s “warehouse.”

https://hudabeauty.com/speaking-at-tedxdubai/

With all that success and dedication the brand now offers 100+ products and as for 2018 it has reached $400 million promoting her brand to expand in 1,500 stores in the United States and across the world. Sis really did secure the bag! You may see now that many beauty influencers such as, NikkieTutorials, Auntie Jackie Aina, and Tati  review Huda’s line of her foundations, eyeshadow palettes, skin and body care.

You can for sure support Huda’s successful platform by purchasing her products through the Huda Beauty website and Sephora to get that good beat. Also on her website she offers tutorials and tips to keep you and your skin on fleek honey! Yas, we love a successful Mogul Queen like Huda Kattan herself. You better go off!

Daisha is a Freshman majoring in Psychology at Norfolk State University. She goes by "Daisy." With her bubbly and nurturing spirit she hopes to inspire and educate younger adults and collegiate women. Strong believer in women empowerment.