This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

Her Campus NSU’s very first Campus Crush is Ari Weems! Ari is a sophomore, Optical Engineering major who loves football and optical illusions. Although he is our campus crush, he’s taken! So don’t look too hard ladies.

Ari is heavily involved on Norfolk State’s campus. Along with being a student ambassador, he is also a member of NAACP and the League of Extraordinary Men.

One of Ari’s most recent accomplishments includes becoming a Spring 2019 initiate of the Epsilon Pi Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

Ari plans to work for NASA upon graduation and is currently a member of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) on campus.

I repeat, Ari is spoken for, but you can rely on Her Campus to uncover all of the gentleman gems on campus every week! In the meantime, follow Ari on Instagram @chefboyari_ and be sure to stay tuned to Her Campus for our next Campus Crush. You never know. Our Campus Crush could be your next dream guy!

Diamond is a junior English major at Norfolk State University from Hampton, VA. She is an all-around creative who is specifically intrigued by neo-soul music, lyrical rap, and classic Harlem Renaissance literature. Upon graduation, Diamond hopes to teach English at underperforming schools as she pursues her dreams of becoming a renown poet, novelist, and screenwriter.