This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NSU chapter.

Who are you wearing? The most prominent question of the night during the Academy award pre-show. One of the biggest shows of the year means that the best fashion looks will be gracing the red carpet. Our favorite celebrities draped in the newest runway fashion or gave us vintage Hollywood style. From metallic, multiple pink tones, and diamonds, let’s recap the hottest trends of the 2019 Oscars!

One of the hottest trends of the night was metallic. Celebs such as JLo, Emma Stone, and Brie Larson shined brighter than a disco ball wearing top designers like Tom Ford, Louis Vuitton, and Céline. Metallic is a must have if you want to stand out and captivate the crowd. 

Can we say 50 shades of pink! Linda Cardellini, Angela Bassett, Meagan Good, and Kacey Musgraves were just a few women who walked the carpet in elegant pink gowns. The power of pink symbolizes feminism power and fierceness, which all of the women exuded in their wardrobes. 

They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and Lady Gaga was one of the many women who showed that to be true. Gaga sported a stunning $30 million-dollar Tiffany & Co. diamond necklace, which was last worn by actress Audrey Hepburn. Helen Mirren wore a 235-karat iced out necklace as well. Bulgari, Cartier, Chopard, and Swarovski were the most worn for jewelry for the night.