UoN Announces Free Microsoft Office For Us All!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

The University of Nottingham’s IT services today announced that all students and permanent staff at the university will now be able to download Microsoft Office software. Previously, students were able to purchase a 4-year Microsoft Office 365 subscription for 6 devices (two PCs/Macs, two tablets and two phones) from the Microsoft Store for Education at a reduced rate of £59.99.

This new announcement allows students to download Office Professional 2013 including crucial university software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and Access. It is a package that costs approximately £390 and the university’s new agreement with Microsoft allows students and staff to download it for free. What’s even better about this news is that the software can be downloaded on up to five different devices, including MacOSX, Android and iOS.

To download your free version of Office Professional 2013 follow these steps:

“Log on” to your university email account.

– Click on the gear in the right hand corner and select ‘Office 365 settings’.

– Choose the Software tab, choose your device and follow the instructions to download your package.

Sources

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/it-services/news/office-students-staff.aspx

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/productID.260260600

Leona Hinds

Nottingham

Leona is a final year languages student. This year she's back in Nottingham after spending her year abroad in the Canary Islands and China. She is sporty, curious and has a weakness for Kit Kat Chunkys.
Sam is a Third Year at the University of Nottingham, England and Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham. She is studying English and would love a career in journalism or marketing (to name two very broad industries). But for now, her favourite pastimes include nightclubs, ebay, cooking, reading, hunting down new music, watching thought-provoking films, chatting, and attempting to find a sport/workout regime that she enjoys!