Style > Beauty

The Top Makeup Looks from the Oscars 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

It only happens once a year but the Oscars Academy Awards ceremony is by far the biggest night of the year in film. This means unforgettable makeup and fashion looks that we will all be incorporating into our own styles for the year ahead as all the stars dress to impress. We have put together a list of our favourite looks with a few ideas on how you can replicate them using your own makeup bag.

Margot Robbie

Margot’s makeup artist Pati Dubroff knows exactly how to show off Margot’s natural beauty, and this year’s Oscar look was no different. The best part of this is that it only takes minutes to recreate and is set to be one of the trendiest looks of the year so far. Margot put a spring twist on the classic ‘no-makeup-makeup’ by adding a subtle pink lip and pink blush to match.

Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer proved that there are no rules when it comes to choosing either a bold lip or a bold eye by opting for both. She channelled the 90s with her brown-toned orange lip and grey smoky eye. To make the bold eye and lip look work, keep the skin and eyebrows natural like Jennifer to balance it out.

Lupita Nyong’o

​Lupita’s blue metallic eyeshadow look sounds scary, but it really made her eyes stand out and suited her darker skin tone. She let the eyes be the main area of focus by adding a neutral lip, her signature glowing skin and a hint of blush. Don’t be afraid to step out of your makeup comfort zone sometimes!

Emma Stone

Emma definitely won the award for best-matched makeup to outfit, co-ordinating her face with her fuchsia belt. Emma even wore pink shadow on her lower lash line, which made the green of her eyes pop. This is definitely a shade to choose for the fellow green-eyed people out there.

Zendaya

​Zendaya’s Oscar look is perfect for the upcoming summer months with a smokey eye, created using golds, bronzes and browns whilst concentrating the gold into the inner corners of the eye. Zendaya’s makeup artist then channelled the Cindy Crawford supermodel look of the 90s with a neutral glossy lip

Which one will you be recreating?

Image Sources

1

2

3

4

5

Josie Severn

Nottingham

Emily Talbut

Nottingham

I'm a third year English student at University of Nottingham and when I'm not working or writing, I'm probably watching a Disney movie or listening to one of their soundtracks! I'm a Campus Correspondent for HC Nottingham and generally write about food, travel, and the food I've experienced on my travels!